6227 - Safety, Health and Environmental Manager - Edina, MN
This document serves as a guide for the qualifications, responsibilities and activities for the position of the Kelly Services Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) Manager at the DuPont.
Education & Skills Requirement
· Basic understanding of the sciences, including chemistry and biology
· Minimum of 3-5 years industrial safety/health field experience
· Understanding of OSHA regulations
· Strong working knowledge of incident investigation and hazard analysis
· Strong documentation skills
· Strong oral, written and communication skills
· Strong computer and presentation skills
· Diplomatic and objective in decision making skills
· Safety Related Degree (Associates or Bachelors) Preferred
· Certification or equivalent would be an asset, including, Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST), Occupational Safety and Health Technician (OHST), Certified Safety Professional (CSP), or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH))
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Plan, implement and coordinate programs to eliminate occupational hazards, injuries, illnesses, fatalities and financial losses
· Serve as primary Kelly Services SHE contact for DuPont sites
· Maintain good working relationship with all DuPont contacts
· Manage employee and customer relations specific to safety
· Serve as safety liaison between Kelly Employees and DuPont Sponsors/Work Directors ensuring key safety responsibilities are implemented
· Enhance Kelly Services & DuPont safety program by promoting DuPont Observation Intervention (OI), Near Miss and Pre-Task Analysis (PTA) processes
· Serve as subject matter expert on DuPont SHE Focus teams
· Serve as SHE resources for the Kelly Services DuPont Account Team
· Enhance employees’ safety awareness
· You should know: Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A Kelly recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.
Day to Day activities
· Develop and maintain written SHE plan & protocol for Kelly employees
· Ensure indoctrination of new employees to Safe Behavior process and customer required safety processes
· Actively participate in Root Cause Investigations (RCI’s)
· Perform safety audits to assure compliance to safety processes
· Perform regular observation/intervention visits with employees on site
· Monitor/audit employees’ ergonomic conditions and practices
· Ensure employees follow their department’s tailgate/safety meeting schedule
· Participate in tailgate/safety meetings as needed
· Partner with DuPont to maintain medical surveillance compliance
· Maintain frequency rate for the sites
· Monitor employees safety participation and safety goals
What’s in it for you?
Kelly takes pride in supporting the whole person, their family, and their future. We understand that in order to thrive, we have to build lasting relationships and provide our employees with endless possibilities for growth. At the end of the day, we know that work is more than making a living – it’s about making a life.
- Healthcare – Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) Match
- Paid Time Off
- Vacation Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PerkSpot – Personal Online Discount Program
About Kelly Services®
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We’re always thinking about what’s next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce, including, but not limited to, race, gender, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation and gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Join our Talent Community and get updates about new openings.