10224 - Senior Client Service Procurement Specialist
Your opportunity for Impact
This position will provide internal and external consultative support across the program life cycle which may include sales, design, implementation, and service delivery to support Kelly-managed services procurement programs and project-based consulting engagements. This role will also assist with project initiatives focused on building new product features and enhancements, as well as improving client service delivery through process improvements and technology. This role is intended to be an entry level position into the services procurement consulting function where the individual will provide support to the SP consulting team that will evolve into assuming more accountability and leadership over time with responsibility for smaller SP and IC accounts.
- Individual will provide support under direction of senior services procurement consultants, offering subject matter expertise and thought leadership, interfacing directly with client and internal stakeholders to ensure product best practices and standards are applied throughout the program lifecycle.
- Lead and support the hyper care period for new programs and expansions to ensure Kelly standards and best practices are incorporated, business is stabilized, and program adoption is optimized. This will also include assisting with preparation for handoff to sustaining operations which may include interviewing and training new PMO team members and finalizing program documentation such as service delivery manuals and process flows.
- Support new implementations and program expansions, providing consult on product standards and best practices and assisting in completion of deliverables associated with implementation workstream milestones.
- Individual will perform procurement services requested from PMOs as part of the SP shared service delivery center including:
- SOW compliance reviews and work classification assessments
- SOW lifecycle administration
- Formulation and delivery of enhanced analytics, reporting, program metrics and category recommendations
- Score carding and other supplier management activities
- Cost management programs
- New supplier sourcing and competitive bids
- Over time, may serve as the primary face of the services procurement product to the Kelly account team and client for small programs of less than 20M spend under management. This will include providing ongoing consultation and innovations to elevate programs and coordinate across the product team and functional experts (ie scorecarding, bidding analytics) to ensure that client deliverables are completed on time.
- Coach and develop others on services procurement product including creating and conducting training sessions and assisting with new hire onboarding
- Own and manage program documentation and process flows during implementation and hypercare until hand off to sustaining operations
- Ensure that client specific nuances are identified, solutioned, and built into business process and work instructions, and bring changes to leadership for consideration into future SP best practices and service delivery as appropriate.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Some knowledge of services procurement practices including work classification, SOW drafting, contract negotiations, IC compliance, services category management, competitive bidding, supplier management, cost management, performance scorecarding, services KPI development and tracking
- Strong aptitude to work with technology and analytical tools
- Knowledge or exposure of working of VMS technology Beeline, SAP Fieldglass or other procurement systems like SAP and Coupa preferred
- Customer service experience preferred
- Possess high-quality verbal and written communication skills
- Experience and skills utilizing Microsoft Excel for data analytics
- Experience and skills developing presentations using PowerPoint
- Aptitude for data and analytics and how they relate to operations
- Analytical problem-solving skills.
Education and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent proven practical experience in supply chain, legal studies, HR, operations or management
- 2-3 proven years of relevant work and school experience which can include internships, co-ops, research.
- Client facing customer service preferred
OUR VALUE PROPOSITION:
Kelly connects skilled people with some of the best companies in the world through our recruiting and outsourcing practices. As advocates for the value of all workers and workstyles, we’re united by our passion to connect people to work and support them in reaching their greatest potential. Our work truly matters, and we know it. We celebrate each other’s successes, because we’re all in this together and we know that empowering others lifts us all. Come join us and you’ll see we are a group of people dedicated to breaking down barriers for all people who want to work and connecting people to work that enriches their lives.
YOUR TOTAL HEALTH:
At Kelly, we design our benefits with you and your total health in mind. Our plans focus on your emotional, mental, spiritual, financial, social, occupational, environmental, and physical well-being.
- Competitive Annual Salary (based on Job Grade/Experience)
- Quarterly Bonus/Performance Incentive
- Paid Time Off (3 weeks)
- Holidays (8 days)
- Sick / Mental Health / Well-Being (5 days)
- Floating Holidays / Personal Significance (4 days)
- Volunteer Day (1 day)
- Healthcare – including Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401(k) Match
- Vacation Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Savings Account / Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company Provided Life and Disability Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Adoption Assistance
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce, including, but not limited to, race, gender, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law
Join our Talent Community and get updates about new openings.