2338 Account Manager Raleigh, NC
The Account Manager is responsible for overseeing the successful operation of a remote client site and managing contract employees working on the National Institute of Health Scientific, Technical and Other Professional Services (NIH STOPS) contract and National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Prospective Space-Time Scan Statistic (NIAID PSTSS) contract. Activities include onboarding and orientation, employee supervision and management to Statement of Work (SOW) requirements, performance measurement, employee communications, recognition, retention, and professional development and training.
- Extend offers of employment to candidates for positions at the NIH; negotiate pay rates, set start dates, issue offer letters and benefit statements. Submit appropriate contracting documents to confirm bill rate and justification to customer. Works with talent throughout the hiring process to complete required Kelly and customer paperwork prior to start date.
- Supervise talent to SOW requirements and coach or counsel talent to improve to meet expectations. Review SOWs to assist in determining whether medical screening is required for talent; prepare Occupational Health documents for administrator’s review. Support talent through a variety of workplace concerns, such as SOW changes, concerns with Point of Contact or co-workers.
- Understand and explain policies related to Kelly employment and working with the federal government; interpret policies for talent associated with leave, telework, occupational health; basic travel questions; deliver weekly orientation presentations to new hires, both in person and via remote methods.
- Meet with a variety of Kelly talent assigned to NIH, to provide Quality Survey feedback and respond to questions related to employment; the process to modify SOWs or request a rate increase.
- Facilitate candidate presentations for open recruit positions. Develop relationships with customer and employees at specific worksites.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Kelly talent by supporting a variety of engagement activities to include birthday and anniversary greetings, onsite presence at specific sites where large talent bases are present; milestone anniversary celebrations for talent, Annual Distinguished Achievement Awards Celebration, as well as other retention activities.
- Manage complex talent issues, such as explaining Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and applying specialized knowledge to talent situations; work with FMLA specialists in corporate benefits office. Investigate workplace injuries and work with corporate safety specialists to support talent injuries in the workplace.
- Identify training opportunities through the Kelly Learning Center to assist contract employees in achieving skill competencies. Develop counseling documents, establish improvement plans with leadership team and deliver improvement plan feedback to contractors, following through on deliverables as appropriate. Be available to schedule staff coverage for 24-hour shifts, utilizing screened and ready to work back-up staff.
- MS Office Suite, specifically MS Excel
- HR Knowledge
- Time Management
- Effective Communication
- Ability to accomplish multiple tasks simultaneously with strong attention to detail
- Strong customer focus
- Strong team orientation
- Microsoft Office Programs
- BA or BS in Business or related field or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years in the Staffing or service industry
- Travel up to 10%
About Kelly Services®
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We’re always thinking about what’s next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce, including, but not limited to, race, gender, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation and gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.