2351 - Counsel I Contracts - Troy, MI
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
• Drafting, negotiating, and providing legal counsel regarding high-level commercial, supplier and vendor contracts
• Strong experience managing contracting groups in a high volume commercial contract industry
• Developing and improving processes that support our commercial contracting process with our customers and vendors
• Advising on business and legal risks associated with various contractual requirements and business strategies
• Experience in corporate law matters such as corporate structure, mergers and acquisition, cross border transactions and intracompany transactions and agreements
• Working closely with business and corporate teams to accomplish company goals
• Partnering with our business to ensure agreements are consistent with internal corporate policies and processes
• Giving accurate and timely counsel to internal business partners on a variety of legal topics related to commercial transactions
• Collaborating with management to devise efficient business strategies related to commercial transactions
• Managing complex legal matters involving multiple stakeholders
• Demonstrating an expertise regarding our commercial contracts and providing clarification on contractual language or specifications throughout the organization
• Maintaining current knowledge of relevant legislation that may impact the organization and our business relationships.
• Law degree
• 5-8 Years of working in a law firm or inhouse.
• Excellent negotiation and communication skills
• Analytical ability strong attention to details
• Ability to work and navigate in a high volume/varied environment
• Must possess a “service the customer “mentality
• Extensive experience with commercial contract matters
• Strong work ethic, a sense of urgency, and high level of responsiveness to competing deadlines
• Good sense of judgment and practical business mind to balance competing legal and business considerations in order to obtain practical solutions and business-oriented results
• Must have exceptional attention to detail, clear written and verbal communication skills, and strong negotiation skills
• Must be a team player that promote collegiality
• Experience with intellectual property agreements preferred
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Knowledge and solid understanding of, and demonstrated experience applying continuous quality/service level improvement concepts.
Kelly takes pride in supporting the whole person, their family and their future. We understand that in order to thrive, we have to build lasting relationships and provide our employees with endless possibilities for growth. At the end of the day, we know that work is more than making a living – it’s about making a life.
- Healthcare – Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) Match
- Paid Time Off
- Vacation Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PerkSpot – Personal Online Discount Program
About Kelly Services®
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We’re always thinking about what’s next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce, including, but not limited to, race, gender, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation and gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Join our Talent Community and get updates about new openings.