3107 Financial Shared Services Analyst Troy, MI
Kelly Services, has an excellent internal opportunity in our Payroll Center of Excellence. This is an in-house position at Kelly’s World headquarters in Troy. Take your career to the next level by joining a world class organization.
The position requires the ability to work independently with people of multiple grade levels throughout Kelly as well as external customers to ensure that specific job requirements are met or exceeded.
The analyst will research in depth business process and customer issues that pertain to the work instructions specific to the position with the objective of reaching resolutions that meet or exceed objectives with a positive financial impact to the company without negatively impacting customers.
Persons in this position will be expected to recommend changes to management of existing processes where efficiencies can be gained without negatively impacting customers.
- Analyze system errors preventing talent from being paid. This includes but not limited to communication to the Field, Talent and resolution of error.
- Process stop payment or emergency pays as authorized and obtain necessary approvals, when applicable.
- Perform audits to ensure that proper deductions and uploads are performed to ensure payroll is executed, where applicable.
- Manage mailbox for issues raised by branches and resolve within service level agreement.
- Assist in monitoring and resolution of all second level cases around payroll related issues
- Manage key control processes around payroll execution required by internal audit, ensuring proper approvals and escalations are obtained and followed.
- Bachelor’s Degree - 4-year degree from accredited university preferred or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years Financial Analysis experience
- Payroll experience preferred.
- Strong analytical skills also required. Must be detail oriented.
- Proactively manages responsibilities on desk according to approved work instructions. Recognizes problems or issues and attacks the problem or notifies management
- Recognizes downstream impacts of actions and how job fits into the larger picture
- Can express ideas clearly and ensures others understand. Writes in a clear, concise, and easy-to-understand manner
- Has a positive attitude, even in difficult situations. Handles customer issues and questions effectively.
- Listens actively to other parties.
- Communicates own position clearly.
- Recognizes a problem exists. Takes initiative to act on his/her own, asking for help as needed
- Maintains a positive outlook in the face of change.
- Able to participate in, and adapt to, a new role assigned within a team. Escalates issues within FSS and outside as necessary.
- Communicates with urgency when necessary.
- Acts on his/her own with guidance. Asks questions and knows when to ask for help. Listens well and relates well to peers
- Participate actively in projects and meet deadlines for all assigned tasks.
- Intermediate Excel skills required.
- Comfortable with technology in general.
Working at Kelly means being part of a global team making people-work connections that count, because we believe helping people become who they’re meant to be benefits us all. At every location and every level within our company, Kelly’s people are unique in their understanding and commitment to helping people create better futures and helping companies across the globe compete, prosper, and grow. The work we do matters. Helping people transform their lives matters. Shaping the future of work matters. If you have a passion for helping others, what’s next for you may very well be joining our internal global team and working to make a difference.
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We’re always thinking about what’s next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice. Visit kellyservices.com and let us help with what’s next for you.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to
employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities,
females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation,
gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.