3186 Engineering Intelligence Director - Virtual, USA
The Engineering Intelligence Director will work directly with the Engineering Leader to establish the Engineering growth strategy and the actions required to execute that strategy. The responsibilities include:
- External Focus: Provide the external, market-driven Engineering knowledge necessary to build our expertise in our specialty Engineering targets, influence the market perception of our expertise and evaluate possible new markets, geographies and talent solutions.
- Internal Focus: Will work with all other Kelly functions to ensure that the Engineering strategy is executed (Marketing, growth/market research team, new product development, etc.)
- Organizational Focus: Is responsible for ensuring that the talent within the specialty organization is, in fact, experts in the Engineering specialty and continues to grow and build that knowledge as our Engineering specialty matures.
- Translating the corporate business plan for the specialty/portfolio into actionable plans for our recruiting and sales teams.
- Working with the right internal and external partners to identify the schools, associations or other relevant external groups that will drive our specialty reputation
- Identify the appropriate geographies, industries or related categories where our specialty focus will be most successful.
- Use market data to design and execute experiments to determine the next niches within the specialty
- Work with marketing to establish an external campaign leveraging the talent within our teams and those we place to further highlight our expertise
- Use data and metrics to evaluate the performance of our teams executing the specialty strategy
- Work with the new product team to identify specialty-focused talent solutions
- Work with the Engineering leadership team to assess our talent’s specialty expertise and establish a plan to close any gaps and acquire the appropriate skill sets.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Deep and broad understanding of Engineering including current and future trends
- Strategic mindset - Develops enterprise-wide strategies that are distinctive in the market, create value for customers and other stakeholders, and provide sustainable competitive advantage.
- Business Insights – Applies knowledge of business and the marketplace along with data driven insights to advance the organization’s goals.
- Cultivates innovation – Has a long-term view of the future of the industry, a keen understanding of how value will be created in the future, and a clear vision of how to generate sustainable competitive advantage
- Manages complexity - Applies broad knowledge and seasoned expertise to address complex issues, deal with uncertainty, and solve intractable problems
- Courage - Steps up to address difficult challenges, confront tough organizational issues, make unpopular decisions, forge new ventures, and champion change
- Develops talent - Ensures that the organization has the talent required to meet current and future business needs by bringing the best talent on board, developing internal capabilities, building a pipeline of successors, and deploying talent appropriately
- Communicates effectively – Communicates in ways that provide clarity of message, project a credible and confident image to a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders and audiences, and maximize impact.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering field, Master’s degree preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in the Engineering specialty with at least 5 years of experience in understanding/acquiring talent within that specialty.
- Preference given to candidates who have expertise in the target niches within each specialty.
- Travel – 20-40%
- Work Location: This job can be performed anywhere except in the state of Colorado. Colorado residents will not be considered for this job posting.
About Kelly Services®
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We’re always thinking about what’s next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce, including, but not limited to, race, gender, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation and gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Join our Talent Community and get updates about new openings.