3208 - Accounts Receivable Analyst - Troy, MI
The Financial Shared Services (FSS) AR Analyst supports Accounts Receivable for Kelly Education and Professional and Industrial (P&I) customers in North America (US, Canada, and Puerto Rico).
This position includes performing work instructions specific to the department within the FSS organization to ensure accuracy and timeliness of service and product delivery. The position requires the ability to work independently with people of multiple grade levels throughout Kelly as well as external customers to ensure that specific job requirements are met or exceeded. The position requires the ability to research in-depth business process and customer issues with the objective of reaching resolutions that meet or exceed objectives with a positive financial impact to the company without negatively impacting customers. Persons in this position will be expected to recommend changes to management of existing processes where efficiencies can be gained without negatively impacting customers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Efficiently manage a complex and high-volume receivable portfolio with a goal to reduce past due dollars. Perform regular account reconciliations and work with internal and external customers to ensure that customer requirements are met regarding management of receivables, reducing past due dollars and bad debt.
- Communicate directly with internal and external customers to resolve AR issues. This may include facilitating meetings with appropriate members/levels of the organization. This includes purposefully pursuing collection of past due balances while maintaining positive customer relationships.
- Analyze data, analyze business processes, analyze customer issues, reconcile accounts, monitor, audit, and accurately assess AR concerns/risk to limit bad debt, reduce past due dollars, and reduce DSO.
- Initiate and process vital correspondence for efficient collection of accounts, which may include escalating concerns to the next level pursuant to Aging Administration Work Instructions for escalation.
- Assist with special projects, as defined by management. Respond to customer and branch requests as the need arises including refund requests, requests for invoice copies, etc.
- Maintain account instructions by documenting all processes and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, General Business or Finance preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- 3 – 4+ years’ experience in Accounts Receivable in a corporate environment. Experience with high volume, high dollar collections preferred. Preferred knowledge of Payroll, Billing and SSPA (Secondary Suppliers) prefered.
- Must have a minimum of Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills and familiarity with etools and technology.
- Contract Compliance – ability to read/interpret and understand, and be able to enforce FSS standard operating procedures.
- Strategic Thinking - Demonstrate knowledge and an understanding of the company's mission, vision, values and strategies.
- Communication Skills - Be able to express ideas and thoughts in a logical concise manner, both oral and written. Be able to work effectively both with internal and external customers.
- Interpersonal Skills - Flexible, adaptable to change, timely level reponse, and creative.
- Organization, Ability to multi-task and prioritization of accounts.
- Problem Solving & Analysis/Decision Making - Develop specific measurable action plans, monitor progress, exhibit sound judgement, and appropriately weigh risk and benefits. Ability to view a problem, see the big picture and the downstream effects that the solution provides.
- Negotiation - Faciliate positive outcomes that satisfy the interests of internal and external customers.
- Innovation and Creativity - Willing to engage in responsible risk taking and lessons learned from the past. Develop and enourage new ideas.
- Technology - Intermediate Microsoft skills; familiar with internet use and eTools experience is a must.
- Leadership – ability to work with all levels within an organization.
Working at Kelly means being part of a global team making people-work connections that count, because we believe helping people become who they’re meant to be benefits us all. At every location and every level within our company, Kelly’s people are unique in their understanding and commitment to helping people create better futures and helping companies across the globe compete, prosper, and grow. The work we do matters. Helping people transform their lives matters. Shaping the future of work matters. If you have a passion for helping others, what’s next for you may very well be joining our internal global team and working to make a difference.
About Kelly Services®
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We’re always thinking about what’s next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce, including, but not limited to, race, gender, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation and gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Join our Talent Community and get updates about new openings.