3277-Legal Coordinator-Troy, MI
Kelly Services, Inc., a world leader in human resources solutions seeks a highly motivated Legal Coordinator to work at the direction of legal counsel and provides support to Kelly’s internal corporate law department, including support for senior and executive-level positions within the Legal Department. The ideal candidate will have experience as a Paralegal or Executive Assistant in law firm or Fortune 500 law department.
This position works both independently and at the direction of legal counsel and provides administrative, corporate, transactional, and contract law support to Kelly’s internal corporate law and governance department. Performs specifically delegated substantive legal work for which counsel is responsible and assists counsel and contract consultants in protecting the legal rights and interests of the company by reviewing and preparing documents related to the Company’s commercial transactions and corporate matters.
- Address inquiries from field and corporate personnel as an initial point of contact for transactional legal matters, including general commercial, contract law and transactional matters. Analyze issues, facts, and circumstances to assess urgency, importance, and necessity of attorney involvement. Exercise independent thought and initiative; handle matters independently if possibly by understanding and resolving legal issues and questions. Provide answers to law-related questions based upon research and experience on matters not requiring input from in-house counsel or contract consultants, and if necessary, refer matters to the appropriate individual or department for proper handling. Operate as contact for Contract Law mailbox.
- Administrative Support for the VP Chief Transactional Counsel and Contract Law team as needed - provide various administrative support duties for attorneys and contract consultants, including tasks such as coordinating and documenting meetings, managing travel and expenses, out-of-office and vacation coordination and scheduling, finalizing and mailing correspondence, preparing analyses and presentations.
- Provide Support on day-to-day law department management - Maintain and monitor databases, electronic mailboxes, develop and manage an electronic filing system for various functions within the commercial and transactional law group to ensure accurate and up-to-date information is easily accessible for internal personnel. Coordinate with outside legal counsel as needed. Develop process for updating and maintaining contract templates, edocument reviews and the contract law portion of the Kelly intranet. Maintain all Law and SharePoint/O365/Teams sites and electronic file management by adding new people and keeping information update.
- Support a wide variety of intercompany and cross-board transactions working closely with the VP Chief Transactional Counsel.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree
- Paralegal Certification Strongly preferred
- 5 years of experience as a Paralegal or Executive Assistant in law firm or Fortune 500 law department
- The ability to manage a demanding workload, prioritize items according to urgency and importance
- General business technology systems (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Office products), reporting systems including legal case management systems; Exceptional Powerpoint Skills a plus
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; Excellent time-management skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both written and oral
- Have a proactive work style that anticipates needs and issues and challenges of questionable requirements and information
- Diplomatic and objective decision-making abilities
- High level of discretion and confidentiality is crucial
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret a wide variety of employment law and litigation-related documents, while applying a strong knowledge of Federal and State laws: and regulations.
About Kelly Services®
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We’re always thinking about what’s next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all work styles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce, including, but not limited to, race, gender, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation and gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Join our Talent Community and get updates about new openings.