3284 - Vendor Manager - Jersey City, NJ
The IT Vendor Manager role provides expertise to hiring managers for the facilitation of procuring the services of temporary and/or contract employees to meet a client’s current workforce needs. This person will sit onsite at the client's location in Austin.
This role requires experience in overall workforce management in the labor market as well as familiarity with and ability to master procurement technology tools. Lead client facing interactions to drive consultations and provide guidance on different delivery solutions.
What will you do?
Program and Operational Support:
- Perform consultation call with hiring managers to assess needs and best sourcing strategies to ensure acquisition of the best talent. Utilization of procurement technologies to facilitate fulfillment of role and move requisition through client’s internal processes. Provide complete and detailed information and data points to supply chain via both documentation and consultation conference calls.
- Maintain discipline of execution by staying focused on market goals and objectives; manage time and competing priorities; be committed to Kelly process, technology, and documentation requirements; and taking the initiative to learn and fully understand the client’s needs and skills required for open roles being managed.
Client, Program and Supplier Management
- Ensure Key Performance Indicators and Service Level Agreements (SLA) objectives are met by taking an active role in continuous improvement and service delivery.
- Utilize bill rate benchmarking data and competitive bidding to ensure cost containment for the customer.
- Proactively identify service delivery issues and provide appropriate and timely solutions. Act as a liaison with Suppliers to resolve daily operational issues. Escalate as appropriate.
- Utilize market data to provide guidance to and set expectations for realistic recruiting cycle timelines.
- Possess an innate ability to know what needs to be done and takes initiative to perform those tasks without being asked or told. The ability to work independently and be a decision maker is imperative.
- Develop detailed understanding of functionality and capabilities of procurement tools used to deliver KellyOCG’s MSP solution.
- Support Technology updates by providing overview of new functionality to both client and supplier as necessary.
- Develop solid knowledge of VMS technology in order to be able to operate efficiently and trouble-shoot simple issues when client or Suppliers raise them.
- Bachelor’s degree or or equivalent preferred.
- Must have 3-5 years of IT recruiting, MSP/Vendor Management experience or IT staffing experience.
- Must understand IT technology in order to be a true consultant to the client.
- A strong understanding of vendor management tools. (Fieldglass, IQN, Beeline)
- Problem solving and critical thinking is a MUST, in addition to having the ability to respond with velocity and provide a consultative approach to workforce solutions.
- Candidate must demonstrate a strong ability to multitask, attention to detail, excellent communication skills (both in one-on-one and in group settings, with both internal and external audiences), and a technical proficiency (e.g., MS Office, internet, VMS tools).
- Validated experience in creating and developing strategic relationships that promote positive client and employee engagement.
- Ability to see interrelationships of data/ideas. Can assess a candidate against criteria, use of program data to educate customer, supplier and motivate change.
- Previous people management expertise is preferred.
About Kelly Services®
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We’re always thinking about what’s next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce, including, but not limited to, race, gender, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation and gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Join our Talent Community and get updates about new openings.