MSP Operations Manager
The Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring overall service delivery excellence and efficiency while also managing operational activities and assigned staff. You manage a portion of a large and complex global account and will be responsible for the program in France. He/she must interface with a variety of stakeholders that could include client sponsors, internal stakeholders, end-users, employees, and suppliers. This role serves as the single point of contact for the client and is accountable for delivering a “One Kelly” solution. In addition, this position will be focused on improving employee and client engagement.
The Operations Manager is also responsible for driving account efficiencies, overseeing opportunity identification within the client portfolio, and managing the P&L. This role will manage and lead a team that may sit onsite within a client location or remotely depending upon the needs of the client.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Service Delivery Excellence & Operational Efficiency
- Collaborate with Kelly internal teams (supplier compliance, reporting & analytics team, legal etc..) to bring the best solution to the client
- Monitor compliance to customer specific and contract requirements. Identify areas of opportunity for process improvement and implement new procedures as needed.
- Identify areas of growth for the program by investigating every possible lead for expansion and being familiar with all Kelly products to have initial conversations with the client on different solutions
- Ensure the business practices are meeting and exceeding overall service delivery expectations.
- Drive results and best-in-class program solutions to the customer and their end users.
- Manages the P&L for his/her country in scope to ensure GP and ROI meets and/or exceeds budget
- Performs the foreseen forecast exercises, understands the general financial status of the program and makes every effort possible to manage cost control
- Supervision and control of the monthly cost savings reports for the customer
- Sponsor/lead continuous improvement efforts focused on productivity improvements.
- Monitor performance trends and make the appropriate adjustments to improve efficiency and customer service to meet and exceed service level agreements.
- Work cross-functionally to deliver improvements in performance to enhance client service and reduce operational risk.
- Monitor past due status and actively seek improvement to invoicing process & technology processes, partner with our shared s
- Identify opportunities to automate/remove administrative tasks from team so they can focus on value-added activities.
Employee, Supplier and Client Engagement
- Regular/proactive communication that builds strategic relationships
- Main point of contact for client issue escalation, ensuring timely and effective resolution
- Analyze performance data and proactively identify opportunities to provide improved service to the client
- Creates & leads business reviews with key stakeholders
- As the needs of the client change, be proactive in providing recommendations to deliver in new and efficient ways
- Build strong relationship with key account contacts on the supplier side
- Intervenes in escalations and plays a key role in negotiating between supplier and client
- Is responsible for overall supply base management strategy and drives program adoption within the supply base
- Ensure successful recruiting, orientation and training of new employees
- Communicate SLA’s to team and adhere to the goals & objectives process
- Build a cohesive team and be responsible for employee engagement of direct reports by having regular 1:1 meetings and team meetings
- Drive a high performing culture by holding employees accountable to meeting and exceeding established goals/expectations
- Create an environment for employees to grow and achieve their full potential via coaching
- Identify developmental opportunities and actively close gaps in employee skill sets
- This includes having succession plans in place and developing key talent.
Key Attitudes & Skills for this role
Analytical Thinking: Ability to synthesize a range of quantitative and qualitative information into concrete, actionable insights to drive customer engagements and to manage direct reports.
Organization Ability: Ability to focus and extract most important priorities amongst competing tasks. Makes choices that yield high return and maintains perspective for self and team in a highly stressful environment.
People Management: Effectively leads a team of direct reports (virtually). Inspires confidence and trust through personal integrity and modeling desired behaviors. Fosters an environment where the team can succeed. Effectively coaches for performance, development and growth.
Communication Skills: Effectively communicates in all modalities (written, spoken, listening). Organizes ideas clearly and logically when speaking. Crafts concise, clear messages in written formal and informal documents. Takes the lead in planning and facilitating presentations to encourage audience involvement and enthusiasm. When listening, considers the other person most important and concentrates on the speaker’s message and needs.
Drives Results: Translates the business strategy into daily working goals. Regularly discusses progress toward the larger strategy and removes barriers. Works together as a team to achieve outcomes. Willingly and independently takes on the responsibility to seek out information needed to make decisions and put plans into action.
Interpersonal Skills: The ability to pro-actively build and maintain both internal Kelly and external business relationships. Works with all types of people, regardless of the work they’re performing or the level of their position.
Financial Acumen: understands financial operating statements and using budgeting / forecasting to manage financial performance.
Adaptability: Quickly and easily adjusts to changes in priorities and focus. Effectively flows with the various daily changes that are inevitable. Views change as an opportunity.
Self-Leadership: including self-direction, adaptability, and a mature confident approach. Must be able to work under pressure and must maintain a constructive, positive outlook at all times
- Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) – level of knowledge needed to operate reports, present and manipulate slides
- Web-based/VMS/ATS technology - Fieldglass
- SharePoint – good user experience, willingness to drive usage across the team and utilize all available tools to gain efficiency
- Proficient in English language (operating language of the client and internal team), Native level of French absolutely required
- General curiosity and willingness to learn usage of new tools