3349 Global Network Engineering Manager - Troy, MI
Network Engineering (Global Infrastructure, Network & Telecom) Manager
The Manager – Network Engineering is a key member of the Global Infrastructure management team reporting to the Director – Global Networks and Telecom. They will be responsible for global design, implementation, and management of all network technologies, including LAN, WAN, remote access, perimeter security. The Manager will lead a team of five direct reports and work closely with local and international IT and business resources. Lead global network solutions - Global LAN, WAN, WLAN, remote access, perimeter security! Lead, develop and deploy secure network solutions to support international operations and enable a remote workforce. Work with vendors to investigate new technologies and provide recommendations on overall network architecture. Manage vendor relationships and maintenance contracts
Support Global Infrastructure hybrid datacenter and cloud connectivity solutions
Providing leadership for all direct reports, including Coaching, Mentoring, Career and Succession Planning, Training Programs and Constructive Feedback. .Ensures projects meet objectives and maintain alignment with corporate and departmental strategies/direction/vision.
- Lead the development and maintenance of network monitoring solutions to insure optimal network performance in support of global initiatives.
- Service Delivery Support – Provide support and leadership to the Operational Support teams.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision required. Empowered to make decisions around major responsibilities.
- Developing a service culture: create training programs, performance monitoring and be a role model for customer advocacy
- Budget responsibility for projects ranging from $50,000 - $500,000+
Minimum Education Required: Computer Science and Technology or equivalent
- Minimum Years’ Experience Required: The jobholder should possess at least 10 years’ experience in a Technical IT role. Progressive experience with significant exposure to multiple platforms and demonstrated leadership ability. Recognized expert in multiple technologies, processes, and/or methodologies.
In What Capacity: Significant experience in the network area is required, along with demonstrated expertise in global networking, network design, security, and leading global initiatives. Minimum 3 years’ experience managing a global network, working with international IT resources, and participating in global network implementation projects.
The position requires the following proficiencies and experience:
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Strong financial planning, budgeting & financial management skills.
- Expertise in multiple, diverse technical configurations, technologies, and processing environments.
- Experience leading global network and security solutions.
- Experience working closely with international IT and IT Management.
- Experience with Cisco ACI technology.
- Excellent knowledge of cloud-based solutions and connectivity methods.
- Extensive knowledge of solutions offered by but not limited to Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, F5, Fortinet, Zscaler.
- Excellent meeting facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Experience delivering global solutions in a large corporate environment.
- Ability to rapidly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
- Ability to balance the long term "big picture" and short-term implications of individual decisions.
- Ability to translate business requirements and engineering and operations input into technical architecture models and solutions.
§ People Leadership including influencing people by promoting ideas and proposals persuasively; projects a positive image; works through conflicts and negotiates win/win solutions. Leverages individual and cultural diversity showing respect for each person in the team and their background, culture, values, perspective, and work approach.
§ Building a Talented Team including recruiting and selecting the right people; build a team with complementary strengths; grooms high-potential performers; anticipates long-term staff requirements. Seeks to utilize the different personalities and backgrounds of people for the betterment of the department as a whole; pursues ways to accommodate the differing needs, work patterns, and preferences of a diverse workforce.
§ Fosters Open Communication including listening actively; encouraging open expression of ideas and opinions; keep others well informed; express ideas clearly and concisely; promote frank discussion of tough issues; listen carefully to input and feedback.
§ Inspires Trust including establishing open, candid, trusting relationships; treat all individuals fairly and respectfully; behave in accordance with expressed beliefs and commitments; maintain high standards of personal integrity; collaborate as team player; never undermine others for own gain; treat people consistently and fairly.
§ Self-Leadership including maintaining a positive outlook; resist stress and work constructively under pressure; respond resourcefully to change and ambiguity; handle tense situations without overreacting or becoming overly emotional; maintain a constructive, positive, outlook even when plans are thwarted.
About Kelly Services®
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We’re always thinking about what’s next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all work styles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce, including, but not limited to, race, gender, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation and gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Join our Talent Community and get updates about new openings.