3466 - Copy Writer, Education (Contract Role)- Virtual USA
Kelly is seeking an experienced, professional writer for its Education practice. Sitting within the Global Marketing organization, this individual will support and drive the practice’s thought leadership efforts through editorial, public relations, and marketing efforts. This individual will help drive the evolution of Kelly’s thought leadership platform through strategic and creative content development and creation.
The ideal candidate has exceptional writing and editing abilities, a high level of business acumen, the ability to identify current topics and trends to take a position on, and insatiable intellectual curiosity. This candidate must be able to absorb new concepts quickly, work with senior executives, and know how to navigate with ease in a corporate environment. Strong journalism, collaboration, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Research and source content by leveraging industry, education practice, and company knowledge
- Write and edit content in collaboration with internal and industry partners
- Assist with content distribution on website, social channels, and other venues
- Assist with measurement of content performance and impact
- Write and collaborate on other Marketing Communications content, as needed
- 10 years of experience producing high-quality, authentic, and differentiated thought leadership and Marketing Communications content
- Outstanding writing, verbal, and interviewing skills
- Make abstract concepts relevant
- Manage relationships, work cross-functionally, and earn trust from senior stakeholders
- A collaborative spirit, able to take direction when necessary
- Work on multiple, simultaneous projects and meet deadlines
- Think strategically and incorporate ideas into messages
- Think creatively to develop concepts and ideas into strong opinion pieces to grab attention
- Write grammatically clean copy that uses the appropriate voice, tone, and message
- Communicate complex messages in a clear, concise manner
- Collaborate with other writers, artists, account representatives, and internal customers at all levels
- A continuous learning mindset
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Prior work experience in education, academia, or the workforce industry is a plus
- Writing samples, or a portfolio link for review
- Work location: This job can be performed except in the state of Colorado. Colorado residents will not be considered for this role.
Major duties breakdown
70% Source, write, edit, and proofread education practice thought leadership and marketing communications content
15 % Research, collaborate, and
develop strategic messages/content and creative ideas; assist with measurement
of content performance and impact
15% Keep current with industry, education practice, and company products and services, research and analyze trends and practices to continuously improve the quality of our thought leadership and external communications
About Kelly Services®
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We’re always thinking about what’s next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce, including, but not limited to, race, gender, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation and gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Join our Talent Community and get updates about new openings.