3468 - Copy Writer, Science, Engineering, Technology & Telecom - Virtual USA
Kelly is seeking an experienced, professional writer for its Science, Engineering, Technology & Telecom (SETT) practice. Sitting within the Global Marketing organization, this individual will support and drive the practice’s thought leadership efforts through editorial, public relations, and marketing efforts. This individual will help drive the evolution of Kelly’s thought leadership platform through strategic and creative content development and creation.
The ideal candidate has exceptional writing and editing abilities, experience in STEM writing, a high level of business acumen, the ability to identify current topics and trends to take a position on, and insatiable intellectual curiosity to research complex STEM content and translate it into easy-to-read, engaging, and compelling content. This candidate must be able to absorb new concepts quickly, work with senior executives, and know how to navigate with ease in a corporate environment. Strong journalism, collaboration, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Research and source content by leveraging industry, SETT practice, and company knowledge
- Write and edit content in collaboration with internal and industry partners
- Assist with content distribution on website, social channels, and other venues
- Assist with measurement of content performance and impact
- Write and collaborate on other marketing communications and public relations content, as needed
- 3-5 years of experience producing high-quality, authentic, and differentiated thought leadership, marketing communications, and public relations content—including blog posts, bylines, press releases, fact sheets, case studies, interviews, video scripts, social media copy, and marketing emails
- Outstanding writing, verbal, and interviewing skills
- Abililty to make abstract concepts relevant, readable, and interesting
- Ability to tell human stories of STEM talent making an impact on the world
- Manage relationships, work cross-functionally, and earn trust from senior stakeholders
- A collaborative spirit, able to take direction when necessary
- Work on multiple, simultaneous projects and meet deadlines
- Think strategically and incorporate ideas into messages
- Think creatively to develop concepts and ideas into strong opinion pieces to grab attention
- Write grammatically clean copy that uses the appropriate voice, tone, and message
- Working knowledge of AP style writing
- A strong command of content best practices across different channels (e.g. web, social, email, etc.)
- Communicate complex messages in a clear, concise, and compelling manner
- Collaborate with other writers, artists, account representatives, and internal customers at all levels
- A continuous learning mindset
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Prior work experience in science, engineering, technology & telecom or the workforce industry preferred
- Writing samples, or a portfolio link for review
Major duties breakdown:
- Source, write, edit, and proofread SETT practice thought leadership and marketing communications content
- Research, collaborate, and develop strategic messages/content and creative ideas; assist with measurement of content performance and impact
- Keep current with industry, SETT practice, and company products and services, research and analyze trends and practices to continuously improve the quality of our thought leadership and external communications
Hourly pay rate would be $35
About Kelly Services®
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We’re always thinking about what’s next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce, including, but not limited to, race, gender, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation and gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Join our Talent Community and get updates about new openings.