3504 - Information Technology Internal Audit Manager - Troy, MI
Kelly Services, a global provider of staffing services, has an excellent full time opportunity for an Internal Audit Manager to work at our corporate world headquarters in Troy, Michigan. This individual will be responsible for conducting professional and objective audits of all Company locations worldwide in accordance with appropriate auditing standards, including PCAOB and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements. Audits will be focused on providing assurance that the company's internal controls over financial reporting are operating as designed and are effective, and assessing risk and related systems of governance and control in all aspects of the Company’s operations.
- Plan and manage testing for Sarbanes Oxley Section 404 requirements testing in the United States and international locations (including business process and IT General Controls).
- Assist the VP of Internal Audit with the creation and execution of the annual Audit Plan
- Assist the VP of Internal Audit with strategic planning to add value to the organization through consultative projects.
- Plan and manage audits of financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Conduct risk assessments to identify emerging trends in growing businesses to ensure proper controls are in place.
- Identify and analyze control weaknesses and/or inefficiencies and recommend appropriate actions or improvements to management to ensure effective internal control over financial reporting, the proper safeguarding of assets and to assist in the efforts toward continuous improvement.
- Perform detailed, meaningful analysis of account balances or operations being audited to ensure the propriety of financial information used both internally and externally and to provide a basis for reliance by management in the decision making process.
- Prepare audit plans including the design of an audit program to be used in the audit engagement.
- with Generally Accepted Auditing Standards and other appropriate standards, to ensure accuracy and relevance in the achievement of operational goals.
- Prepare and present reports to management summarizing significant findings and recommendations identified based upon audit knowledge and judgment to foster the achievement of Company goals.
- Communicate with all levels of the organization using professional and effective communication skills to ensure that audit findings and recommendations are understood.
- Train, direct, provide guidance and directly supervise audit staff in the performance of audit engagements.
- Assist external auditors in the coordination and performance of the annual audit of the financial statements and to maximize the efficiencies in testing.
- Perform special projects as requested by management, including consulting projects for the executive management team, broad risk assessments projects including cross-department considerations, asset exposure audits and internal fraud investigation assistance with the Corporate Security team (identifying areas at risk for potential fraud).
- Manage and assist in customer audits.
- Accounting or Information Technology degree
- CPA, CIA or CISA certification preferred
- 7 years of Public Accounting, Internal Audit or corporate accounting/finance experience in a large, public company setting
- Ability to travel internationally several times per year (15% or less)
- Strong analytical skills and ability to apply accounting and auditing concepts in a variety of environments
- Knowledge of US GAAP and PCAOB/Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to develop strong working relationships with corporate and international staff
- Good organizational skills and ability to coordinate multiple tasks concurrently
- Experience supervising staff and leading audit engagements or projects
- Information Technology/Risk Assurance
Kelly takes pride in supporting the whole person, their family and their future. We understand that in order to thrive, we have to build lasting relationships and provide our employees with endless possibilities for growth. At the end of the day, we know that work is more than making a living – it’s about making a life.
- Healthcare – Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) Match
- Paid Time Off
- Vacation Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PerkSpot – Personal Online Discount Program
About Kelly Services®
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We’re always thinking about what’s next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce, including, but not limited to, race, gender, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation and gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Join our Talent Community and get updates about new openings.