3608 - Sr Manager Accounts Receivable COE Troy, MI
The Financial Shared Services (FSS) Sr. Manager Accounts Receivable and Center of Excellence for Kelly Education and Professional and Industrial (P&I) customers in North America (US, Canada, and Puerto Rico).
This position is responsible for leading and driving process improvements and service support projects to deliver significant positive business impact and financial benefit. The scope of projects is generally strategic in nature and relate to areas such as new customer implementations, DSO management, customer/supplier service optimization, IT application enhancements and regulatory change adoption. Primary focus areas will be research and resolution of complex financial problems, “just in time” service support, as well as business process consultation.
This position requires managing Accounts Receivable team to ensure that work specific to the department within the FSS organization is performed timely and accurately. Manage all employees to work effectively with people of all levels internally and externally. Provide proper training and development for employees to ensure proactive approaches, motivation, and succession planning within their designated responsibility. The position must be able to interact with higher levels of management. It must provide solutions, be able to analyze workflow and justify recommended improvements, both internally and externally. Position is required to support the research of business and customer issues with the objective of obtaining the most positive financial impact for the company.
Duties & responsibilities:
• Supervision and support of Accounts Receivable. Assist with problem resolution, projects, and other issues as they arise.
• Monitor account reporting to ensure Dept goals for DSO and past due are met.
• Be a point of escalation for staff & escalate accounts to Senior Leadership as necessary. Communicate directly with internal and external customers to resolve AR issues. This may include facilitating meetings with appropriate members/levels of the organization. This includes purposefully pursuing collection of past due balances while maintaining positive customer relationships.
• Communicate corporate and goals to staff. Motivate, lead, guide, develop and empower the staff to meet and exceed goals. Manage workload of staff and ensure appropriate staffing levels are maintained. Provide ongoing guidance on account management and appropriate actions. Responsible for establishing performance review goals, conducting performance reviews, and providing career coaching and counseling.
• Monitor and review of account reconciliations and high-risk receivables with a goal of reduction of past due dollars and avoiding recognition of bad debt expense. Contact with internal and external parties (including VMS) to resolve issues causing past due balance. Ad hoc reporting and special projects as required.
• Support special projects and customer issues which includes providing objective analysis and solutions that meet the customer needs as well as provide most efficient solution to match Kelly strategies.
• Demonstrate strong awareness of processes inside and outside FSS that impact billing, cash application, collections, and supplier payment streams.
• Identify financial issues and drive control-minded solutions with urgency, care, and professionalism
• Partner with business sponsors and process owners to assess current middle-office processes, generate solutions and implement improvements within and across functions.
• Oversee and manage high profile projects that are regional in scope and high dollar impact.
• Act as change agent to instill a continuous process improvement culture throughout the organization.
• Leverage cross functional resources for effective execution plans (Finance, IT, Operations, Service, etc.)
• Serve as a consultative business partner to client groups on business process design patterns, principles, and techniques.
• Recommend process improvements to reduce waste and continuously improve performance.
• Develop and maintain an enterprise view of business processes, identifying cross-functional relationships and interdependencies.
• Continually seek opportunities to increase stakeholder satisfaction and deepen stakeholder relationships.
• Communicate with confidence and collaboration, among senior leaders and stakeholders, related to issues, risks, and decision-making gaps.
• Act as a SME and coach to other business consultants in all aspects of middle office financial processes.
• Share knowledge and best practices across the organization in the form of education to stakeholders, business units and outcomes of lessons learned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, General Business or Finance preferred, or equivalent work experience.
• 8-10+ years’ experience in Accounts Receivable and Project Management in a corporate environment. Experience with high volume, high dollar collections preferred. Preferred knowledge of Accounting, Audit, Project Management, Finance, Business, Management, Payroll, Service, Billing, Reporting and/or Accounts Receivable, plus at least 5 years of leading and managing teams/staff who work on large or complex projects or processes.
• Ability to design, develop, implement, and facilitate process reviews.
• Ability to consult, analyze, and communicate recommendations.
• Ability to develop work instructions/training manuals.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Able to train and coach individuals and groups.
• Experience in utilizing process improvement methodologies.
• Results-oriented, exhibiting timely and practical solutions to complex problems.
• Ability to analyze information and make recommendations based on data.
• Project management skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
• Effective time management skills.
• Staffing and/or contingent workforce outsourcing industry experience highly desirable but not required
• Must have a minimum of Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and familiarity with etools and technology.
• Preferred Middle Office Knowledge - Basic understanding of accounts receivable, payroll, billing, and SSPA systems (FSS roles) or knowledge and management of third party VMS technology.
• Contract Compliance - Understand and be able to enforce FSS's standard operating procedures.
• Information Technology Expertise - Understands IT concepts, procedures and processes. Effectively integrates with other funcional areas of the company and builds expertise based on the needs of the business and the position. Comfortable with technology. Advanced Excel skills. Knowledge of VMS Technology.
• Strategic Thinking - Demonstrated ability to develop a plan of action to achieve a particular goal or objective.
• Communication Skills - Be able to express ideas and thoughts in a logical concise manner, both oral and written.
• Project Management – Experience in planning and communicating key objectives, tasks, and risks related to initiatives/process improvements/projects. Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks for staff so they can gain efficiencies.
• Interpersonal Skills - Ability to communicate and listen effectively and encourage collaboration.
• Problem Analysis/Decision Making - Develop specific measurable action plans, monitor progress, exhibit sound judgement, appropriately weigh risk and benefits and monitor progress to successful conclusion.
• Negotiation - Demonstrated ability to seek an exchange of resources, dialogue, and/or anything else applicable that satisfy the interests of both internal and external customers if completed properly.
• Leadership - Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed objectives through effective and efficient use of staff, procedures, policy, systems, and processes.
• Innovation and Creativity - Willing to engage in responsible risk taking and lessons learned from the past. Develop and encourage new ideas.
• Adaptability - Demonstrated ability to continuously evolve, adjust to and embrace changes in the business environment, offer alternatives, and drive solutions.
• Assertiveness - Tactfully and effectively expressing your preferences, needs, opinions, and feelings.
• Initiative - Recognizing the need for action and taking action.
• Teamwork - Listens and relates well with others.
• Talent Management/Development - Recognizes and hires talent with: skills/abilities to reinforce today's standards and potential to develop to support Kelly's growth and evolution.
• Financial controls – understanding when control processes and control points are needed; understanding concepts of quality tools.
What’s in it for you?
Kelly takes pride in supporting the whole person, their family and their future. We understand that in order to thrive, we have to build lasting relationships and provide our employees with endless possibilities for growth. At the end of the day, we know that work is more than making a living – it’s about making a life.
Healthcare – Medical, Dental, Vision
Paid Time Off
Vacation Purchase Program
PerkSpot – Personal Online Discount Program
About Kelly Services®
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We’re always thinking about what’s next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice.
Join our Talent Community and get updates about new openings.