4065 - Executive Compensation Consultant - Virtual USA
The Executive Compensation Consultant is a SME who uses compensation expertise to support all aspects of Kelly’s Executive Compensation function, including: base salaries, short- and long-term incentive plans, perquisites, and severance plans. The Consultant will be responsible for leading specific executive comp initiatives including job analysis, evaluation, and benchmarking of executive-level roles; gathering data, conducting analytics and preparing all tables for the CD&A of Kelly’s annual proxy statement; recommending Short-Term Incentive Plan goals and weightings to CEO for executive-level roles with business unit responsibilities; and ad-hoc projects. The consultant participates in prep discussions for meetings of Kelly’s Compensation Committee of the Board and prepares related meeting materials; uses expertise to contribute to discussions and outcomes related to the design of long-term incentives and performance measures and goals for the Company’s Short-Term Incentive Plan; and is expected to monitor external market trends related to executive compensation. The consultant will provide insight and analysis of executive compensation programs and recommend changes as needed.
Executive Compensation and Perquisites
- Participate in the design, implementation and administration of executive compensation programs including: base salary review and analysis, short- and long-term incentives, perquisites, and severance plans
- Partner with senior leadership to develop and maintain job descriptions for all Senior Leadership Team roles
- Lead annual market analysis to benchmark Senior Leadership Team roles; generate related benchmarking analysis and reports including: market ranges, compa-ratio, incentive targets, as needed
- Evaluate and benchmark any new or revised roles and determine appropriate level and compensation; prepare compensation recommendations
- Prepare quarterly Relative TSR calculations for Kelly’s Accounting team
- Work with HRIS to ensure all changes to Senior Leadership Team (titles, compensation, etc.) are properly set up in PeopleSoft
- Routinely collaborate with Payroll, HRIS, Accounting, Legal, HR, the Board’s Compensation Consultant and other outside vendors to ensure effective coordination of process activities
- Oversee activities under the Company’s Executive Physical Program
- Participate in prep calls for upcoming Compensation Committee meetings
- Prepare materials for meetings including: executive benchmarking, incentive plans, tally sheets, annual grants, executive compensation programs risk assessment, executive and director stock ownership, and committee charter
- Participate in debrief discussions following each meeting to ensure alignment on deliverables and opportunities for process improvements
- Lead the gathering of data needed, conduct analysis, and prepare all tables in the CD&A, including the Company’s CEO Pay Ratio disclosure
- Collaborate with Executive Compensation, Corporate Governance and Investor Relations teams to determine specific areas of focus for upcoming proxy statement that drive improved readability and messaging to investors; make recommendations based on your monitoring of recent SEC developments and trends in best practices]
- Prepare data submission for executive compensation survey participation
- Review grant agreements annually and make any needed updates; review with outside counsel any material changes
- For all LTI grants to Senior Leadership Team, determine the number of shares to be granted based on closing stock price and enter grants into Computershare system; assist Compensation Team with entering of Annual Grants into system
- Conduct monthly audits of equity plan administration activities
Monitor market trends, legislative and regulatory requirements and changes to ensure compliance
· Stay informed of trends in executive compensation and advise on marketplace and regulatory developments and their applicability to Kelly
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to prioritize projects, multi-task, and meet deadlines-required
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels of the organization-required
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, changing, and sometimes ambiguous environment-required
- Results oriented, self-directed individual with critical thinking skills-required
- High degree of emotional intelligence, intellectual curiosity, flexibility, creativity and self-motivation-required
- Demonstrated analytical thinking and problem-solving skills-required
- Superior data analysis skills and demonstrated ability to draw meaningful conclusions and make recommendations based on quantitative data-required
- Ability to understand and respond to the business needs of the Senior Leadership Team in a proactive and supportive manner-required
- High attention to detail and accuracy in all work deliverables-required
- Demonstrated ability to create and deliver presentation material in a clear, concise and effective manner-required
- Ability to recognize trends and identify systemic approaches to solving problems-required
- High integrity, discretion, and sensitivity in handling confidential information-required
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively in a team-required
- Advanced technical skills in Excel, Word and PowerPoint-required
- MBA preferred; CCP or CECP-preferred
- 5+ years of progressive Compensation experience
- 7+ years of HR/Finance-related equivalent experience with strong analytical skills considered
What’s in it for you?
Kelly takes pride in supporting the whole person, their family and their future. We understand that in order to thrive, we have to build lasting relationships and provide our employees with endless possibilities for growth. At the end of the day, we know that work is more than making a living – it’s about making a life.
Healthcare – Medical, Dental, Vision
Paid Time Off
Vacation Purchase Program
PerkSpot – Personal Online Discount Program
The salary range is $76,200 to $106,700
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We’re always thinking about what’s next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce, including, but not limited to, race, gender, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation and gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Join our Talent Community and get updates about new openings.