4500 - HR Consultant
Troy, MI, USA |
Job Reference: 4500 - Posted 10-Jun-2021
To consult with leaders to proactively translate business strategies into HR solutions that best enable the organization to meet its strategic people and performance goals by applying the below five factors:
- Organizational Design Evaluate and recommend agile and effective org structures to enable high performance in support of operating models
- Talent Planning, Review and Bench Building -The ability to ensure the talent requirements are aligned with the business objectives through identification, assessment, development, readiness and retention of talent
- Performance Management- The ability to view a business from the top leader’s perspective, understand core organizational functions and how they interact, and apply financial/ business metrics that reflect the success of the organization
- Engagement – Champion our culture, people and values through effective engagement and performance strategies that provide a valued employee experience while driving growth and sustainability
- Analytics: Utilize human capital analytics, technology and analytical skills to support leadership to make informed, impactful business decisions about structure, work, talent and the future state workforce.
- Consult with leaders on people- profit chain to recommend org structure and talent pools that meet the current and future needs of the business and overall enterprise.
- Understand the internal and external factors driving the business and transform/translate that knowledge into recommended structure and cultural solutions both within and across the business
- Evaluate how work gets done most effectively and who does it; recommend org structures and job designs to achieve business outcomes
- Ensure the appropriate skills, knowledge and abilities are captured in organizational design for current and future state
Talent Planning, Review and Bench Building:
- Ongoing evaluation of key position profiles to ensure the required competencies, skills and experience have been identified to achieve the evolving business goals
- Recommend talent solutions, considering the market mix (or…various talent categories) of free agent’s vs employees to meet evolving business needs.
- Key talent liaison in partnership with leaders to identify and develop key, emerging and next gen talent (future bench strength).
- Awareness of internal talent and the external talent marketplace to advise on build/buy/borrow strategy to achieve a successful operating model
- Ongoing evaluation of bench to ensure candidate readiness for key positions
- Interview and make selection recommendations for leadership roles (Director and above).
- Facilitate and participate in Talent and Succession Planning sessions and drive development planning activities
- Forecast and develop talent approaches to meet operating plan requirements
- Partner with business leaders to set performance goals and objectives to drive accountability and coach for optimal performance
- Assist and guide business leaders with coaching and feedback methods
- Coach leaders to enhance their own people leader capabilities, behaviors and performance
- Diagnose talent challenges, identify appropriate solutions, influence the leaders with human capital data-driven recommendations, and drive change to achieve goals
- Leverage and integrate analytics to show impact and correlation to the overall Talent Agenda core drivers: talent planning. engagement, performance accountability and leadership bench building
- Consult with business leaders using internal and external benchmarks and trends in support of human capital planning; capitalize on the data provided via the KPI tracker and talent analytics portal
- Continuous review and analysis of KPI data (actual vs plan) to identify Root-Cause and Countermeasure trends and actions
- Champion our culture and values to enable a highly engaged workforce in achievement of our growth and profitability goals
- Lead the roll-out and communication of the engagement and supplemental survey results; provide solutions/action planning to elevate engagement…that attract, retain, and offer our employees recognition and growth opportunities
- Partner with leaders to ensure a fearless environment that promotes trust, accountability, open communication and engagement
- Business Acumen - The ability to view a business from the top leader’s perspective, understand core organizational functions and how they interact, and apply financial metrics that reflect the success of the organization.
- HR Knowledge and Expertise – In-depth familiarity with the functions and disciplines of the HR organization and how they work together to provide products and services to executives, managers and employees.
- Relationship and Interpersonal - Skills and abilities used to interact with others effectively across all management levels and job disciplines.
- Influencing and Consulting Skills - The capacity to affect the behavior of others in a business setting while successfully providing expert advice, solution options, methods and tools.
- Talent Planning & Risk Management – Skills and ability to ensure the talent requirements of a business are assessed and understood, planned for, and addressed through practical action
- People Analytics – Ability to use statistics, technology and analytical skills to help managers and executives make informed decisions about employees or the workforce
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent experience
- 7-10 years significant HR Generalist experience
- Serves as HR Consultant for a smaller, narrower or less complex segment(s) of the designated Business Unit or Corporate.
- Partners and supports leader(s) to identify, drive and ensure execution of goals.
What’s in it for you?
Kelly takes pride in supporting the whole person, their family and their future. We understand that in order to thrive, we have to build lasting relationships and provide our employees with endless possibilities for growth. At the end of the day, we know that work is more than making a living – it’s about making a life.
- Healthcare – Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) Match
- Paid Time Off
- Vacation Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PerkSpot – Personal Online Discount Program
About Kelly Services®
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Technology, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We’re always thinking about what’s next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce, including, but not limited to, race, gender, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation and gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Haven't found what you were looking for?
Join our Talent Community and get updates about new openings.
Join our Talent Community and get updates about new openings.