4631 - Auditor - Internal Audit, Troy, MI
Kelly Services, a global provider
of staffing services, has an excellent opportunity for an Auditor to
work at our corporate world headquarters in Troy, Michigan as well as virtually. This individual
will be responsible for conducting professional, objective, and constructive
audits using technical, interpersonal, and analytical skills in order to help
achieve department goals and objectives, and to enable the continuous
improvement of company operations. Audits will be focused on providing
assurance that the company's internal controls over financial reporting are
operating as designed and are effective, and assessing risk and related systems
of governance and control in all aspects of the company’s operations.
• Execute testing for Sarbanes Oxley Section 404 requirements testing in the United States and international locations.
• Assist the Internal Audit management team with the execution of the annual Audit Plan.
• Plan and execute audits of financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
• Identify and analyze control weaknesses and/or inefficiencies and recommend appropriate actions or improvements to management to ensure effective internal control over financial reporting, the proper safeguarding of assets and to assist management in its efforts toward continuous improvement.
• Perform detailed, meaningful analysis of account balances or operations being audited to ensure the propriety of financial information used both internally and externally and to provide a basis for reliance by management in the decision making process.
• Execute audit plans ensuring accuracy and relevance in the achievement of operational goals including testing, documentation of work papers and conclusions for manager review.
• Prepare and present reports to management summarizing significant findings and recommendations identified based upon audit knowledge and judgment to foster the achievement of Company goals.
• Communicate with all levels of the organization using professional and effective communication skills to ensure that audit findings and recommendations are understood.
• Assist external auditors in the coordination and performance of the annual audit of the financial statements and to maximize the efficiencies in testing.
• Perform special projects and assist in customer audits.
• 4 year degree in Accounting / Finance or Business Administration
• CPA, CIA, or CISA preferred
• 2-3 years of Public Accounting, Internal Audit, or corporate accounting/finance experience
• Ability to travel internationally several times per year (15% or less)
• Strong analytical skills and ability to apply accounting and auditing concepts in a variety of environments
• Knowledge of US GAAP and PCAOB/Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to develop good working relationships with corporate and international staff
• Good organizational skills and ability to coordinate multiple tasks concurrently
• Ability to work independently
What’s in it for you?
Kelly takes pride in supporting the whole person, their family and their future. We understand that in order to thrive, we have to build lasting relationships and provide our employees with endless possibilities for growth. At the end of the day, we know that work is more than making a living – it’s about making a life.
Healthcare – Medical, Dental, Vision
Paid Time Off
Vacation Purchase Program
PerkSpot – Personal Online Discount Program
About Kelly Services®
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We’re always thinking about what’s next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce, including, but not limited to, race, gender, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation and gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Join our Talent Community and get updates about new openings.