4949 - Kelly Education Director Talent Care - NE Region, USA
This position serves as a critical operations leader for the US Education business and has the overall responsibility and accountability for the substitute services and job placement functions within the defined multi-state practice area/region.
The role has functional P&L accountability and primary responsibility for driving Kelly Education’s talent management and job placement strategy across the geographical practice. This leadership role is accountable for emphasis and execution in 1) organizational and leadership development, 2) talent management and job placement operational delivery strategies and performances 3) people management, and 4) customer-facing responsibilities. They are also responsible for leading their respective field operations organization and optimizing our structure for delivering efficient and effective business results.
Organizational and Leadership Development
- Accountable for effective full-time talent/people structures, team leadership and management, placement performance and substitute care and retention strategies. Examples of their executables fall into these 5 key categories:
- Strategy execution & business planning
- Talent management and job placement
- Team development & leadership
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Business Acumen
- Effectively align organization to meet the talent and job placement needs of the overall practice; thereby, positioning the business to attain budget revenue, gross profit and contribution targets
- Leading key strategic talent and job placement initiatives that benefit the practice area/region, Education Business, and the company as a whole
- Collaborate with country and practice leadership to assess the needs of the practice customer base and make the appropriate accommodations or adjustments to meet these needs
- Facilitate the effective build and implementation of process flows and work instructions across practice area
- Proactively work with peer group to provide developmental opportunities for key personnel
- Participate in the development of an annual geo practice business plan in conjunction with the business plan for the overall Education Practice
- Partner with team members within the Practice/region and peers nationally to ensure resources are aligned with client/projected volumes
- Lead by example in all interactions including but not limited to: developing the appropriate level of leadership to ensure a successful result for the Education Practice; working collaboratively with other members of the organization; setting expectations and holding the appropriate parties accountable for same
- Proactively work with peer group to provide developmental opportunities for key personnel
- Develop and/or implement consistent practices with peer group to ensure efficient, effective & consistent practices across operations
- Demonstrate effective expense management
- Effectively utilize and partner with all internal resources as necessary i.e., human resources, finance, admin service etc.
Talent and Job Placement Operational Delivery
· Design, development and implementation of talent and job placement strategies as needed to achieve business goals
· Drive and support in the design, development and implementation of substitute utilization and retention strategies
· Proactively identifies work processes that improve speed, productivity, efficiency, cost, and/or the substitute experience
· Collaborate with other department leaders to drive and support the design, development and implementation of substitute management strategies
· Provide feedback on any changes for the substitute management and order fulfillment teams to help meet strategic goals
· Manage and coach team performance to maximize order fulfillment – exceeding goals/expectations
· Serves as the point of contact for team escalation issues; works with the team to develop action plans that resolve client and/or substitute issues; monitors results to ensure action plans are effective
· Monitor changing market conditions and competitor activities and develop responsive action plans
· Maintains thorough understanding and knowledge of current hiring practices, recruitment strategies, and staffing industry trends
· Participate in organizational strategic planning
· Collaborate with corporate business partners to leverage marketing, technology, legal/compliance and human resources expertise
· Lead initiatives that positively impact employee engagement results
· Manage substitute and placement efforts and budgets
· Analyzes monthly financial statements and implements strategies to increase return on marketing/recruitment investments
· Creates, analyzes, and reviews reports and statistics to assess business performance – when necessary.
· Monitor and direct organizational efforts to effectively maintain substitute pools
· Drive continuous process improvements in a demanding and rapidly changing business environment to meet client demands
- Selecting, training, and developing staff; monitoring staff performance including setting expectations, coaching, and recognizing achievement
- Clearly communicates roles and responsibilities and holds employees accountable for delivering results
- Leadership development of direct report group as well as mentoring identified high-potential individuals both within and outside of their organizations is critical
- Establish appropriate goals and expectations within their state(s) geography and hold individuals accountable accordingly in a metric-driven environment
- Provide leadership such that all key Kelly processes are compliant with established criteria
- Develop the Substitute Services and Job Placement teams into expert consultants and inspire them to exceed targets
- Coach and motivate team to remove non-essential barriers to positively impact both substitute and customer satisfaction
- Provides feedback and coaching to ensure customer expectation are being met
- Utilizes career development processes and tools to grow, engage, and retain staff
- Facilitate the design and deployment of regionalized talent and job placement strategies that are inclusive of process, resources and execution to meet and exceed company and client expectations
- Oversee the planning and participation in key talent and job placement management initiatives which in some cases may require partnership and collaboration beyond assigned territory
- Participate in key client negotiations, consulting and problem solving towards solutions
Education: Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred; area of focus Education, Business, Marketing, Human Resources or similar focus.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years leadership/managerial/operations/talent acquisition experience in the Staffing or Education Industry.
Preference will be given to those individuals who have obtained this experience totally or in part with Kelly Services. This experience includes but is not limited to:
- Experience in leading or responsibility for managing both large and small markets/locations
- Experience selecting, developing and leading teams with preference given to those with experience in the Education industry
- Sales experience closing multi-business line customers
- Operations experience including consistently handling P&L responsibilities successfully
- Experience in developing successful strategic initiatives and gaining approval for same from upper management
- Ability to communicate effectively, establish strong working relationships with the customer
- Track record of success in the development of
effective partnerships with relevant Education functional groups (e.g.,
operations, recruiting and onboarding, sub services and sales
Travel Requirements: Ability to travel up to 30%
Location Requirements: Director must reside in the Northeastern region of the United States
What’s in it for you?
Kelly takes pride in supporting the whole person, their family and their future. We understand that in order to thrive, we have to build lasting relationships and provide our employees with endless possibilities for growth. At the end of the day, we know that work is more than making a living – it’s about making a life.
Healthcare – Medical, Dental, Vision
Paid Time Off
Vacation Purchase Program
PerkSpot – Personal Online Discount Program
About Kelly Services®
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We’re always thinking about what’s next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce, including, but not limited to, race, gender, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation and gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Join our Talent Community and get updates about new openings.