4974 - IT Application Architect - Virtual USA
The IT Application Architect (Architect) is a senior level technology role and has a holistic view of Kelly Services’ portfolio of solutions and is responsible for ensuring the solution design will meet current and future business needs. The Architect must understand the business outcomes, be accountable for design and development of solutions and ensure these solutions align with Kelly Services’ architectural standards. The Architect is a thought leader and will provide leadership and mentoring to the development team, guiding the team on strategy, direction, and policies.
Solution Analysis, Design and Delivery
· Understands business drivers and business capabilities (future and current state) and determines corresponding designs to drive the organization's targeted business outcomes.
· Works collaboratively with team on architecture and effectively communicates solution architecture and gains the buy-in and support of business and IT leaders
· Provide Technical leadership and expertise across the development teams, to ensure delivery of exceptional technical solutions
· Determines specifications, then plans, designs, and develops software solutions, utilizing appropriate software engineering processes either individually or in concert with project team.
· Develops enterprise-level applications and custom integration solutions including major enhancements and interfaces, functions and features
· Develops programming and development standards and procedures as well as programming architectures for code reuse
Business Case Identification & Development
· Partners with internal business stakeholders to develop a deep end-to-end understanding of the functions targeted for an IT solution
· Collaborates with multiple teams to identify technology opportunities, including improvements
Validation & Execution
Works with stakeholders to develop project timelines, as well as facilitate the overall planning and execution of IT projects
· Engages with stakeholders to communicate project status
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
· Excellent managerial and interpersonal skills
· Knowledge of architecture and design patterns and the ability to apply them.
· Agile principles and development methodologies and capability of supporting agile teams by providing advice and guidance, taking account of technical and architectural debt
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related is required
• 10 +years of experience in IT system design improvements and large-scale transformations
• 10 years + years of hands-on experience in architecture, design or development of enterprise applications and integrations
Type of Experience:
• Experience migrating or transforming legacy solutions to the cloud
• Experience integrating custom and package products across complex enterprise environments
• Deep understanding of data integration and API concepts, patterns, and technologies
• Experience developing solutions in .NET, C#, Azure, Xamarin
• Ability to work with large multi-disciplinary teams to deliver business outcomes
• Ability to rapidly grasp IT concepts and identify potential solutions, as well as understand key interdependencies with other systems
• Ability to articulate new ideas and concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences
• Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations
• Ability to researches emerging technologies and possible application to the business outcomes
Kelly takes pride in supporting the whole person, their family and their future. We understand that in order to thrive, we have to build lasting relationships and provide our employees with endless possibilities for growth. At the end of the day, we know that work is more than making a living – it’s about making a life.
Healthcare – Medical, Dental, Vision
Paid Time Off
Vacation Purchase Program
PerkSpot – Personal Online Discount Program
Work location: This job can be performed anywhere except in the state of Colorado. Colorado residents will not be considered for this job posting.
About Kelly Services®
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We’re always thinking about what’s next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice.
Join our Talent Community and get updates about new openings.