5037 - Payroll Specialist- Bloomington, MN
Teachers On Call, a Kelly® Company, is a substitute staffing service that hires licensed teachers, paraprofessionals, and early child care staff. We partner with schools and centers in the Midwest and Northwest to fulfill their needs for short-term, long-term, and permanent substitutes.
We have an excellent full-time opportunity for a Payroll Specialist. This position is located at our Bloomington, MN office and reports into our Payroll department.
- Audit payroll center reports by researching, resolving and making adjustments as necessary.
- Process payroll adjustment and related documents including hour changes, direct deposits, and branch and employee deductions.
- Perform data entry of various payroll documents on a volume basis.
- Answer routine and complex questions from branches and corporate departments.
- Research and resolve complex problems and/or issues.
- High School Diploma required. Associates’ degree preferred.
- 2 years’ experience in Payroll and/or Business required. Payroll Administration experience preferred. (Payroll experience including: Federal Wage and Hour laws, multi-state payroll environment, payroll taxes, direct deposit, online banking, adjustments, garnishments.)
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills required. Expresses ideas, facts or thoughts in a logical manner.
- Basic accounting and auditing knowledge.
- Effectively integrates with other functional areas of the company and builds expertise based on the needs of the business and the position.
- Problem Analysis/ Decision-making - builds specific measurable action plans; monitors progress to stay on track.
- Technology - Intermediate Microsoft skills; familiar with internet use, email. General computer literacy is a must
- Basic level of Excel required.
- Must be comfortable in a fast paced, high volume, production environment (Payroll).
What’s in it for you?
Kelly takes pride in supporting the whole person, their family and their future. We understand that in order to thrive, we have to build lasting relationships and provide our employees with endless possibilities for growth. At the end of the day, we know that work is more than making a living – it’s about making a life.
Healthcare – Medical, Dental, Vision
Paid Time Off
Vacation Purchase Program
PerkSpot – Personal Online Discount Program
About Kelly Services®
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We’re always thinking about what’s next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce, including, but not limited to, race, gender, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation and gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Join our Talent Community and get updates about new openings.