5476 - Marketing Copywriter (Contract Role) - Virtual USA
Do you love words and the impact that choosing the exact right word makes? Are you the one who always notices spelling errors on menus? Are you mentally editing the copy you see out in the world to be more creative and engaging? Do you know how to make the complex simple through simply better copy? Then let’s talk! We’re looking for a super-creative copywriter and eagle-eyed editor to join our internal agency team within our marketing department.
The ideal candidate has exceptional creative writing abilities, meticulous editing skills, an insatiable intellectual curiosity, a proactive and engaged spirit at work, and experience writing for an array of brands. The candidate must be able to absorb new concepts quickly, gain information from leaders and external/internal clients across the company, and know how to navigate with ease in a corporate environment. Strong journalism, collaboration, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Write and edit B2B and B2C marketing content in collaboration with internal/external partners—including social ads, email campaigns, print/digital campaigns, web copy, case studies, and more
- Proofread and carefully edit content, following all style and brand guidelines to a T
- Collaborate with designers, project managers, and clients on copy needs
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and deliver creative, innovative copy that will cut through the clutter
- Use JIRA project management software to track and update projects
- Research content by leveraging industry and company knowledge
- Present concepts and copy to clients
- Write and collaborate on other marketing communications content, as needed
- 3-5 years of experience producing high-quality, authentic, creative B2B and B2C Marketing Communications content (preferably in an agency setting)
- Outstanding written, verbal, and communication skills
- Make abstract concepts relevant, interesting, and readable
- Knowledge of using SEO terms in writing
- Brainstorm and contribute concepts for writing comprehensive marketing campaigns
- Present campaign concepts to clients
- Take feedback from clients to edit content pieces through multiple revisions
- Follow reference guides and style sheets for branded, consistent writing
- Manage relationships, work cross-functionally, and earn trust from stakeholders
- A collaborative spirit, able to take direction when necessary
- Work on multiple, simultaneous projects and meet deadlines
- Think strategically and incorporate ideas into messages
- Write grammatically clean copy that uses the appropriate voice, tone, and message
- Communicate complex messages in a clear, concise manner without business jargon
- Collaborate with other writers, graphic designers, account representatives, brand team members, and internal customers at all levels
- A continuous learning mindset
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Writing samples/portfolio are required
- Prior work experience in the workforce industry is a plus
- AP Stylebook experience is a plus
Major duties breakdown:
70% Write, edit, brainstorm, and proofread branded marketing content
15 % Research, collaborate, and
develop strategic messages/content and creative ideas; assist with measurement
of content performance and impact
15% Keep current with company products and services, research and analyze trends and practices to continuously improve the quality of our communications
Work location: This job can be performed anywhere except in the state of Colorado. Colorado residetns will not be considered for this job posting.
Kelly takes pride in supporting the whole person, their family and their future. We understand that in order to thrive, we have to build lasting relationships and provide our employees with endless possibilities for growth. At the end of the day, we know that work is more than making a living – it’s about making a life.
Working at Kelly means being part of a global team making people-work connections that count, because we believe helping people become who they’re meant to be benefits us all. At every location and every level within our company, Kelly’s people are unique in their understanding and commitment to helping people create better futures and helping companies across the globe compete, prosper, and grow. The work we do matters. Helping people transform their lives matters. Shaping the future of work matters. If you have a passion for helping others, what’s next for you may very well be joining our internal global team and working to make a difference.
About Kelly Services®
Kelly Services, Inc. connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We’re always thinking about what’s next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ more than 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice. Revenue in 2018 was $5.5 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and let us help with what’s next for you.
EOE including but not limited to Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Join our Talent Community and get updates about new openings.