5600 - Associate Corporate Counsel, Troy, MI
Associate Corporate Counsel is an attorney who researches legal issues, prepares legal memoranda, and drafts/reviews contracts; provides basic legal advice to others in the legal department and business units; executes on legal projects and initiatives; handles legal claims; and manages outside counsel.
- Legal research and writing on various legal issues
- Negotiate, draft, review and modify contracts
- Assist with merger/acquisition projects
- Handle Legal claims
- Manage outside counsel
- Provide advice and counsel to BU and corporate function partners
- Maintaining current knowledge of relevant legislation that may impact the organization and our business relationships
- Counseling of leadership and human resources management on all aspects of daily employment-related issues, including (but not limited to): hiring and termination, reductions in force, restructuring, ADA issues/processes, accommodations, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, FLSA, wage and hour, testing, drug screening, background screening, FCRA, privacy, safety, labor relations, ULP, NLRB, non-disclosure/non-competition agreements, employment agreements, compensation, and employee benefits.
- Supporting, developing, and implementing employment-related policies and procedures, databases, training, and compliance programs and procedures.
- Researching, keeping abreast of, and regularly reporting on employment-related best practices, and state and federal regulatory and legislative developments.
- Investigating and responding to employment-related charges, notices, and complaints raised by various administrative agencies, including (but not limited to): EEOC, OSHA, DOL, and state or local human rights departments.
- Handling, managing, and reporting on employment-related litigation, arbitrations, mediations, audits, and investigations to achieve cost-effective and desired results, directly and through the use of outside counsel.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating employment agreements and contracts.
- Drafting and revising employee handbooks, policies, and forms.
- Support Director and VP Law in connection with departmental process improvements and other assignments as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills /indicate required:
- Must be comfortable working in demanding, time-sensitive situations.
- Must be PC literate with strong skills in Microsoft Suite, and Salesforce.
- Other skills needed include: Strong communications, problem solving and teamwork skills, and substantial exposure to contracts, and drafting.
- Must be results-focused, highly productive and possess strong analytical skills.
Requirements (indicate required or preferred)
- Education: JD Law
- Experience: 1-5 years of negotiating or contract management experience
- Combination of on site and virtual role
- Travel up to 10%
What’s in it for you?
Kelly takes pride in supporting the whole person, their family and their future. We understand that in order to thrive, we have to build lasting relationships and provide our employees with endless possibilities for growth. At the end of the day, we know that work is more than making a living – it’s about making a life.
Healthcare – Medical, Dental, Vision
Paid Time Off
Vacation Purchase Program
PerkSpot – Personal Online Discount Program
About Kelly Services®
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Technology, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We’re always thinking about what’s next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce, including, but not limited to, race, gender, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation and gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Join our Talent Community and get updates about new openings.