5757 - KGS Program Manager
The Program Manager I position is responsible for developing and maintaining Kelly Government’s relationship with a portfolio of clients as well as contract employees working in a wide variety of highly technical fields. The Program Manager I’s performance level is a key determinant in the client’s perception of Kelly; therefore, they must continually strive to meet and exceed client expectations and ensure fulfillment of Service Level Agreements (SLA’s). This role engages with client contacts to consult and provide recommendations for new solutions or positions to increase business.
- Consult and engage with the client contract management team to ensure successful fulfillment of all contract requirements, including compliance with procedures and operational efficiencies.
- Serve as Client’s point of contact for all contract communications and activities including issue resolution, new order intake and daily activities.
- Drive fulfillment of contractual requirements and facilitates new business development opportunities.
- Proactively identify and implement work processes that improve speed, productivity, efficiency, cost, and/or the client experience.
- Resolve invoice discrepancies, analyze travel requirements, track and request employee trainings and certifications, provide guidance and policy information to client end users.
- Extend offers of employment to candidates, negotiate pay rates, set start dates, issue offer letters and benefit statements.
- Submit appropriate contracting documents to confirm bill rate and justification to customer.
- Work with talent throughout the hiring process to complete required Kelly and customer paperwork prior to start date.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Kelly talent through by supporting a variety of engagement activities.
- Understand and explain policies related to employment and working with the federal government; interpret policies for talent associated with leave, telework, occupational health; basic travel questions; deliver new hire orientations.
- Investigate workplace injuries and work with corporate safety specialists to support talent injuries in the workplace; make recommendations to talent in an effort to promote a safer work environment.
- Manage and resolve employee performance issues.
- Assist with weekly payroll processing, resolve employee payroll related issues/concerns and ensure employees receive appropriate benefits.
- Lead implementation activities for new client wins, interfacing directly with the client and translating requirements to internal teams.
- Work with recruiting team to develop targeted recruiting strategies for positions.
- Manage vendor management system tool activity to ensure compliance with Service Level Agreements (SLA’s), contract requirements and overall program success.
- Ensure proper account setup according to proposed account approach.
- Review new funding requests/requirements and periodically required rate updates to ensure accuracy for all active employees and requirements.
- Ensure recruiting fulfillment of all client requirements through engagement and collaboration with recruiting team manager. Schedule and conduct candidate interviews.
- Audit and deliver mandatory reporting in support of contract and program requirements. Conducts meetings with client’s team to review success, challenges and implement new processes.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of Government Contracting procedures and Federal Acquisition Regulations
- Knowledge/experience with employment law policies and procedures
- Microsoft Outlook, Office and Skype meeting
- BA or BS in Business or related field or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years’ experience with client relations and account management; business development; employee engagement; process development
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Work Location: This job can be performed anywhere except in the state of Colorado. Colorado residents will not be considered for this job posting.
What’s in it for you?
Kelly takes pride in supporting the whole person, their family and their future. We understand that in order to thrive, we have to build lasting relationships and provide our employees with endless possibilities for growth. At the end of the day, we know that work is more than making a living – it’s about making a life.
Healthcare – Medical, Dental, Vision
Paid Time Off
Vacation Purchase Program
PerkSpot – Personal Online Discount Program
About Kelly Services®
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We’re always thinking about what’s next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce, including, but not limited to, race, gender, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation and gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Join our Talent Community and get updates about new openings.