5901 - Scientific Portfolio Management Leader - Virtual
This position oversees a portfolio of Kelly accounts; owns the client relationship, is responsible for account growth, P&L/operational efficiency and will work in partnership with the other business units and teams to ensure growth strategies are executed. The Portfolio Leader uses industry expertise to produce mutually beneficial wins for clients and Kelly. This position serves as a key relationship holder to all resources critical to deliver in their portfolio such as client leadership, supplier leadership, leadership with key technology partners, and internal Kelly’s leaders and peers.
Strategy & Growth
- Develop sales & growth strategy, in conjunction with the Vertical or Market Leader, to increase market share within assigned portfolio
- Owns and oversees effective P&L management and delivering against targets
- Leads client planning and strategy around expansion, growth, and contract renewals, supports the sales cycle
- Review and analyze financial results for growth opportunities and continuous improvement; can influence and tell a client story based on data
- Responsible for leveraging/growing Kelly’s wallet share
Client Relationship & Program Management
- Owns client relationships and is a critical, strategic partner to them on achieving their talent strategy
- Overall responsibility for developing, implementing and leading the strategic delivery plan for their portfolio
- Works with clients to maximize their supplier strategy
- Constantly challenges views pushes to achieve the mutual win for Kelly and the client
- Holds key leadership relationships to ensure solid program delivery with clients, suppliers, technology partners, and internal teams
- Oversee and ensure Kelly is delivering to expectations & remedy any issues quickly focused on win-win solutions
- Directly oversee expansion opportunities
- Demonstrates expertise internally and externally on their portfolios, and leverages all best practices to maximize account relationships and growth
- Knowledgeable on different types of labor classification; stays on top of labor trends, understand associated risks and proactively mitigates for clients and Kelly
- Is deeply familiar with the different types of staffing models and works with clients and internal resources to drive best approach
- Is aware of and can make connections between the different types of skillsets clients need and how they translate into solutions such as HR, IT, clerical, etc.
- Lead and inspire a team responsible for client operations delivery
- Effectively manage ebb and flow of resources to accommodate client demand, new wins, etc.
- Develop bench strength within team to plan for adequate succession
- Set clear and realistic performance achievement goals in support of the business unit strategy; provide relevant and timely performance feedback for increasing and/or sustaining maximum performance
- Understands the Sales cycle and process
- Successful with creating and maintaining high level client relationships
- P&L management and accountability
- Depth of working operational knowledge on total talent supply chain
- Account strategy and management
- Build strong, collaborative relationships throughout and across business units as well as the broader organization
- Demonstrated ability to apply broad knowledge and seasoned experience to address complex issues, deal with uncertainty, and solve difficult problems; serves as a calming influence and offers a clear path forward in times of uncertainty
- Excels in promoting ideas in a persuasive and compelling manner, shaping stakeholder agendas and building a broad base of support both inside and outside of the company
Education: Bachelor’s degree or appropriate business level experience in Scientific related field
Experience: 7+ years Running large/complex account portfolios and teams required
Location: Combination of on site and virtual
Travel Required: Travel 20% - 40%
Anticipated Salary Range: $120,000 to $150,000
What’s in it for you?
Kelly takes pride in supporting the whole person, their family and their future. We understand that in order to thrive, we have to build lasting relationships and provide our employees with endless possibilities for growth. At the end of the day, we know that work is more than making a living – it’s about making a life.
Healthcare – Medical, Dental, Vision
Paid Time Off
Vacation Purchase Program
About Kelly Services®
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We’re always thinking about what’s next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce, including, but not limited to, race, gender, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation and gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Join our Talent Community and get updates about new openings.