6396 - P&I Regional Director PNW (Seattle, Portland & Boise)
The Regional Director has the overall responsibility and accountability for leading the operating results for the Pacific North West (Seattle, Portland & Boise), as well as partnering with various corporate departments, divisions, market resources (recruiting), customers, and communities to achieve goals; ensure profitability is achieved with a focus on BU staffing operations and BU staffing business, and lead/develop employees.
• Meet and exceed budget in sales, gross profit, and contribution
• Demonstrate effective expense management
• Work with leadership to assess the needs of the region, and make the appropriate adjustments to meet these needs
• Monitor changing market conditions and competitor activities, and develop responsive action plans
• Establish appropriate goals and expectations within the region
• Develop and/or implement consistent practices with peer group to ensure efficient, effective, and consistent practices across operations
• Participate in the development of an annual business plan, in conjunction with the business plan for BU overall
Partner with Various Corporate Departments, Divisions, Customers, and Communities:
• Secure the resources necessary to support field operations
• Work with other parts of the organizations collaboratively, to ensure the best outcome for the Company overall
• Lead initiatives that positively impact the engagement results for contractors, customers, and full-time employees
• Effectively utilize all internal resources as necessary (e.g., recruiting, human resources, finance)
Full P&L Responsibility:
• Financial achievement of P&L goals including Revenue, GP, and Contribution for the region – P&L Management
• Participate in key strategic sales campaigns, which in some cases may extend beyond the assigned territory
• Develop and Lead key strategic initiatives that benefit both the region and the Company as a whole
Leadership, Compliance, and Employee Development:
• Lead regional team consisting of direct sales, and matrixed recruiting and operation support resources to deliver growth and profitability within a defined territory.
• Leadership development of direct report group, as well as mentoring identified high-potential individuals—both within and outside of their organizations
• Set expectations for the leadership of the region
• Lead by example in all interactions, including but not limited to developing the appropriate level of territory leadership to ensure a successful result for BU; working collaboratively with other members of the organization; setting expectations and holding the appropriate parties accountable for same; participating in key customer interfacing opportunities
• Provide leadership such that all key Kelly processes are in compliance with established criteria
• Provide ongoing leadership and communication to all full-time employees in the region
• Develop bench strength to effectively run the business
• Perform theses duties and conduct oneself in a professional, ethical manner, consistent with Kelly standards and methods of operations
• Immediately addressing and correcting any lapse in execution, operational policy, or compliance issues.
• Lead and execute the local sales strategy for given geography within BU. This includes both large Partnered Staffing/high volume accounts as well as retail business.
• Expand and enhance Kelly's business relationship with prospective and new customers to contribute to enhanced sales growth, profitability, customer satisfaction, and market share. Maximize sales and profit through effective negotiations.
• Manage expense to sales ratios to optimize efficiency and profitability within budget.
• Develop and execute business plans and sales strategies for new customers and prospects by reviewing and monitoring financial indicators; utilizing multiple sources of competitive data; utilizing and leveraging sales data and information; lead preparation efforts for proposals that address financial considerations and define value; meeting with high-level decision-makers to deliver presentations and negotiate the terms of the sale.
• Initiate consultative customer relationships; corporate, field, and external by: communicating with key decision-makers, identifying and understanding their needs; positioning Kelly products and services to address their needs and add value to their business; understanding and aligning with prospect's desire to build preferences for Kelly's products and services.
• Work closely with Corporate Marketing to create market-specific marketing plans that align with overall market strategy.
• Design internal and external community events, inviting community prospects to exciting and innovative activities/events that attract and inspire future customers and talent.
• Deploy a strategy for engaging with the community at local events.
• Ensure the marketing plan and special events deliver a positive ROI and have a positive effect on talent and customer engagement.
• Conducts outreach and develops ongoing relationships with community organizations.
• Maintain relationships with community partners including and not limited to Chamber of Commerce, colleges, universities, non-profits, and unemployment centers.
• Attend relevant networking and marketing events in order to expand community contacts and relationships.
• Articulate the value of Kelly products, solutions, and services versus those of our competitors.
Knowledge and Skills
1. Manages Complexity – Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems. (Cluster: Making Complex Decisions)
2. Cultivates Innovation – Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful. (Cluster: Creating the New and Different)
3. Strategic Mindset – Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies. (Cluster: Creating the New and Different)
4. Action-Oriented – Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm. (Cluster: Taking Initiative) 5. Plans and Aligns – Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals. (Cluster: Managing Execution)
6. Optimizes Work Processes – Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement. (Cluster: Managing Execution)
7. Drives Results – Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances. (Cluster: Focusing on Performance)
8. Builds Effective Teams – Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals. (Cluster: Optimizing Diverse Talent)
9. Communicates Effectively – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences. (Cluster: Influencing People)
10. Being Resilient – Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations. (Cluster: Being flexible and Adaptable)
Must have a minimum of 8+ years of leadership/managerial experience in the Staffing Industry. Preference will be given to those individuals who have obtained this experience totally or in part with Kelly Services. This experience includes, but is not limited to:
• Experience in leading or responsibility for managing both large and small markets/locations
• Experience selecting, developing, and leading teams, with preference given to those with experience in both the professional/technical and commercial divisions
• Sales experience closing multi-business line customers
• Operations experience, including consistently handling P&L responsibilities successfully
Experience in developing successful strategic initiatives and gaining approval for same from upper management
You should know: Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A Kelly recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.
- Paid Time off -We are now offering 3 weeks of PTO
- Holidays - we have increased our paid holidays to 8, with the addition of Martin Luther's King Birthday
- Sick/Mental Health/Well-Being – five days
- Floating holidays/Personal Significance – three days
- Volunteer – one day
- Healthcare - Medical. Dental and Vision
- 401(k) match
- Vacation Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PerkSpot - Personal Online discount Program
About Kelly Services®
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We’re always thinking about what’s next in the evolving world of  work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embracing the value of all work styles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our  outsourcing and consulting practice.
 Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce, including, but not limited to, race, gender, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Join our Talent Community and get updates about new openings.