6678 - Kelly Education Business Development Manager - Virtual, USA
The business development manager oversees the business development team which is responsible for building the firm’s market position by locating, defining, and developing necessary contacts and completing required registrations and paperwork (i.e., responding to requests for proposals, requests for quotes, etc.) to ensure the firm has an adequate number of awarded contracts to meet annual budget targets. The position also establishes the strategic direction of the firm’s business development efforts, identifies and executes on opportunities for process improvement, and works collaboratively with others in the firm to support business development efforts. The business development manager ensures that business development records are updated daily, including follow up on leads and non-awards. The position responds to clients professionally and promptly and ensures all required paperwork is completed accurately and before deadlines.
Providing Strategic Management of Business Development Functions
- Direct and supervise the work of the business development team ensuring that work is organized and completed in alignment with corporate, firm, and departmental objectives.
- Identify and execute on opportunities for improvement to business development policies, procedures, and practices.
- Provide business development reports and interpret business development trends with firm leadership, including recommending further courses of action.
- Analyze and make recommendations regarding pricing and new product development in response to client feedback.
- Develop, produce, and analyze reports that monitor trends and projections for the firm’s business development efforts.
- Oversee business development operations, set
goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met under the
direction of firm leadership.
Providing Operational Management of Business Development Functions
- Identify potential clients in the firm’s target markets and complete appropriate research on the prospective client’s business needs.
- Update and maintain master vendor log with accurate client contact information.
- Check client procurement sites/listing sites regularly for possible business opportunities.
- Develop relationships with prospective clients, while maintaining existing client relationships.
- Follow-up on all leads within twenty-four (24) hours or seek resources to ensure timely follow-up is completed.
- Record all necessary information in firm’s database in a timely fashion.
- Create contract-winning Requests for
Proposals (RFP) and/or Requests for Quotes (RFQ) for current and prospective
- Communicate with potential clients regarding business opportunities, proposals, and RFPs/RFQs.
content in RFPs/RFQs is accurate and proposals are submitted according to the
required specifications and timelines.
- Customize each RFP/RFQ to the specific client (i.e., cover letter, example searches, etc.).
- Complete all sections of the RFP/RFQ according to specifications.
- Ensure all text is proofed and submitted without error.
- Ensure all financial/budget information is submitted accurately.
- Respond to emails acknowledging receipt of all RFPs/RFQs and addenda.
- Coordinate with research associates and G/A&A support staff to ensure “on-time” completion and delivery of RFPs/RFQs and other necessary paperwork.
- Follow-up after each submitted RFP/RFQ when contracts are not awarded seeking feedback and indicating interest in future opportunities.
- Submit in proposals and RFP/RFQ in advance of deadline to enhance firm reputation and cost savings.
- Prepare contract-winning proposals requested by search managers and consultants.
- Prepare materials for new business presentations (i.e., “Get Smart” documentation, etc.).
- Protect the firm’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Update job knowledge by participating in internal educational opportunities, reading professional publications, and maintaining professional networks.
- Enhance the firm’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Communicate the status of all leads to the firm’s leadership team in an organized, timely manner.
- Complete additional responsibilities, as assigned (by vice president and managing director).
Education: Associate degree in business, communications, public administration, or education, or related field, OR an acceptable combination of education, training, and experience as determined by leadership
Experience Required: 3+ years of experience with responding to Requests for Proposals, writing grant proposals, or generating general business proposals in a professional setting
Salary Range: 59,000 - 75,000
What’s in it for you?
Kelly takes pride in supporting the whole person, their family and their future. We understand that in order to thrive, we have to build lasting relationships and provide our employees with endless possibilities for growth. At the end of the day, we know that work is more than making a living – it’s about making a life.
- You should know: Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A Kelly recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.
Healthcare – Medical, Dental, Vision
Paid Time Off
Vacation Purchase Program
PerkSpot – Personal Online Discount Program
About Kelly Services®
Kelly connects hard-working people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We’re always thinking about what’s next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and collaborating practice.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce, including, but not limited to, race, gender, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Join our Talent Community and get updates about new openings.