7093 - NIAID Scientific Program Manager
The Sr. Program Manager III is responsible for developing and maintaining Kelly Government’s relationship with a specific high value client or portfolio of clients as well as contract employees working in a wide variety of highly technical fields. The Program Manager’s performance level is a key determinant in the client’s perception of Kelly; therefore, they must continually strive to meet and exceed client expectations and ensure fulfillment of Service Level Agreements (SLA’s). This role engages with senior level client contacts to consult and provide recommendations for new solutions or positions to increase business and serves as a point of escalation for issue resolution.
- Consult and engage with the client contract management team to ensure successful fulfillment of all contract requirements, including compliance with procedures and operational efficiencies. Serve as Client’s point of contact for all contract communications and activities including issue resolution. Drive fulfillment of contractual requirements and facilitates new business development opportunities. Resolve invoice discrepancies, analyze travel requirements, track and request employee trainings and certifications, provide guidance and policy information to client end users.
- Provide strategic leadership and account management on team structure and responsibilities, develop and recommend new initiatives to continually improve operations, write and edit communications to introduce contract policies and directives, as required.
- Classify task orders according to the labor category catalog, as well as determine exempt or non-exempt status and assign to appropriate small business partner when required. Audit submission of funding requests and review task order funding to ensure that all task orders are funded for given periods of performance.
- Review candidate qualifications for highly technical and professional positions, evaluating candidate skills and abilities and determining the best possible candidate to fulfill the position requirements. Schedule and conduct candidate interviews. As needed, work with candidates and Kelly attorneys to facilitate visa sponsorship, including initial discussions to determine visa type, strategies for timing and evaluate other potential concerns. Monitor work authorization and request renewals as needed.
- Responsible for technical writing, pricing analysis, proposal development, and official communications related to existing and new business operations. Provide subject matter expertise for new proposal development to support Kelly Government bids on new contract opportunities.
- Perform salary reviews of all assigned Kelly contract employees to recommend pay increases to the client for those contract employees Kelly would support for a pay increase. This includes review of quality feedback received, as well as historical salary increase data for each contract employee. Additionally, review Statement of Work revisions to recommend labor category changes, as needed, for changes in scope of work.
- Guide Program Management teams in aspects of employee engagement, retention, other employee management issues and vendor management. Provide expert consultation in complex employee management situations including ADA, FMLA, discrimination and harassment issues. Oversee the Annual Distinguished Achievement Awards program and anniversary recognition ceremony in collaboration with the Employee Relations Manager. This includes overall responsibility for budget of the event, communication with client and successful execution. Review award nominations with ultimate authority for award approval and monetary value.
- Audit and deliver mandatory reporting in support of contract and program requirements. Conduct quarterly business reviews with client’s team to review success, challenges and implement new processes.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of Government Contracting procedures and Federal Acquisition Regulations
- Knowledge/experience with employment law policies and procedures
- Microsoft Outlook, Office and Skype meeting
- Masters of Science or PhD in Life Sciences with preference for Immunology, Vaccinology, Biology, Microbiology, Infectious Disease
- Client relations and account management
- Business development
- Employee Engagement
- Process development
- Work Location: This job can be performed anywhere except in the state of Colorado. Colorado residents will not be considered for this job posting.
Your Opportunity for Impact
Technical work takes proven expertise. To thrive in Kelly SETT, you’ll need to keep powering the innovations of tomorrow with today’s brightest talent. We’re specialized to help modern organizations like yours fuel your growth in Science, Engineering, Technology, and Telecom. Let’s get to work.
Our Value Proposition
Kelly connects skilled people with some of the best companies in the world through our recruiting and outsourcing practices. As advocates for the value of all workers and workstyles, we’re united by our passion to connect people to work and support them in reaching their greatest potential. Our work truly matters, and we know it. We celebrate each other’s successes, because we’re all in this together and we know that empowering others lifts us all. Come join us and you’ll see we are a group of people dedicated to breaking down barriers for all people who want to work and connecting people to work that enriches their lives.
Your Total Health
At Kelly, we design our benefits with you and your total health in mind. Our plans focus on your emotional, mental, spiritual, financial, social, occupational, environmental, and physical well-being.
- Paid Time Off (3 weeks)
- Holidays (8 days)
- Sick / Mental Health / Well-Being (5 days)
- Floating Holidays / Personal Significance (3 days)
- Volunteer Day (1 day)
- Healthcare – including Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401(k) Match
- Vacation Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Savings Account / Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company Provided Life and Disability Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Adoption Assistance
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce, including, but not limited to, race, gender, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Your Safety Matters
Vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for all job opportunities offered through Kelly Government Solutions, in accordance with the Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors.
Join our Talent Community and get updates about new openings.