7350 - Strategic Sales Manager - NWS
The Strategic Sales Manager will secure new business for Kelly across the entire workforce management spectrum—spanning both staffing and solutions. Drives the identification of qualified prospects, develops strategies with the field organization resulting in net new accounts.
Expands and improves Kelly’s business relationships with prospective customers to contribute to enhanced sales growth, profitability, customer happiness and market share. Increases sales and profits through effective negotiations and manages expense to sales ratio to optimize efficiency and profitability.
This position entails targeting strategic accounts headquartered across the Northeast (NY, MA, VT, ME, NH and RI) with annual revenue of $2 Billion/year and below.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement engagement plans and strategies for new customers and prospects by:
- Reviewing and monitoring corporate financial indicators
- Using multiple sources of driven data
- Leverages sales data and information
- Leads team to prepare proposals that addresses financial considerations and defines value
- Presents to executive level decision makers and negotiates the terms of the sale
- Initiate consultative customer relationships with key decision makers, positioning Kelly products, services and solutions to address their needs.
- Establish and maintain an ongoing sales funnel of targeted and qualified prospects to expand the business opportunity by involving field and corporate subject matter authorities.
- Continuously improving consultative sales skills; understanding of Kelly’s cost models and pricing; staying current with all aspects of business, including industry and driven data; learning and sharing of competitive market information, conducting discussions, trainings, and joint sales calls; discussing customer and legislative issues, building links with US Ops leadership and SME’s.
- Partner with field staff and subject matter experts to increase sales, coordinate service delivery and proactively improve customer value. Team with subject matter experts and other internal resources to ensure maximum account penetration, and customer happiness. Work with assigned executive sponsor to ensure alignment with customer executive sponsor where appropriate. Apply judgment and risk analysis to all decisions (financial and organizational directions).
Key Proficiencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience in selling to high level contacts at large and Mid-Market level
- Proven track record to build effective business presentations
- Experienced at presenting to perceptive audiences including C-level customer.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Builds and maintains positive relationships
- Understands the consultative sales process
- Ability to problem solve and offer solutions that meet the prospective customer needs and are financially beneficial for Kelly
- Knowledge of Kelly service offerings
- High level of financial competence
- Ability to travel 50-60% or as needed.
- BA or BS (MBA preferred) or equivalent
- 3-5 years in high-level solutions selling
You should know: Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A Kelly recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.
- Paid Time Off – we are now offering 3 weeks of PTO
- Holidays we have increased our paid holidays to 8, with the addition of Martin Luther's King Birthday
- Sick/Mental Health/Well-Being five days
- Floating holidays/Personal Significance – three days
- Volunteer – one day
- Healthcare – Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(k) Match
- Vacation Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PerkSpot - Personal Online Discount Program
About Kelly Services®
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We’re always thinking about what’s next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all work-styles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Join our Talent Community and get updates about new openings.