7521 - Payroll and Compliance Analyst - Virtual USA
This position includes performing the work instructions specific to the department within the Global Financial & Business Solutions (GFBS) organization to ensure accuracy and timeliness of service and product delivery. The position requires the ability to work independently with people of multiple grade levels throughout Kelly as well as external customers to ensure that specific job requirements are met or exceeded. The position requires the ability to research in depth business process and customer issues that pertain to the work instructions specific to the position with the objective of reaching resolutions that meet or exceed objectives with a positive financial impact to the company without negatively impacting customers. Persons in this position will be expected to recommend changes to management of existing processes where efficiencies can be gained without negatively impacting customers.
· Monitors and resolves the day-to-day operations of the Payroll Audit and Compliance group, ensuring adjustments, subpoenas, overpayments, employment verifications and tax audits are completed accurately and timely. Responsible for determining root cause when applicable and communicating to Operations and Leadership. Provides education to ensure end-to-end ownership is adopted among the teams. This is a team effort and tasks may be divided accordingly and managed by management.
· Communicate directly with both temporary talent and internal organizations to resolve issues relating to collections, or anything related to their pay, taxes or employment/income verifications.
· Analyze any legal or system requirements, as they change, to ensure proper processing for these multiple work-streams.
· Responsible for resolving escalation calls including complex problems/and or issues and ensures visibility to leadership when necessary.
· Perform any required audits to ensure compliance with tax regulations, overpayment legislation and internal Kelly processes.
· Participate in various payroll related projects and perform tasks related to the project- includes metric reporting to leadership.
· Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent experience
· 3-4 year of experience in Business, Accounts Receivable, Billing, Payroll or Office
· Proactively manages responsibilities on desk according to approved work instructions.
o Recognizes problems or issues and attacks the problem or notifies management
· Recognizes downstream impacts of actions and how job fits into the larger picture
· Can express ideas clearly and ensure others understand.
o Writes in a clear, concise, and easy-to-understand manner
· Has a positive attitude, even in difficult situations.
o Handles customer issues and questions effectively
· Listens actively to other parties.
· Communicates own position clearly.
· Recognizes a problem exists
o Takes initiative to act on his/her own, asking for help as needed
· Maintains a positive outlook in the face of change.
· Able to participate in, and adapt to, a new role assigned within a team.
o Escalates issues within GFBS and outside as necessary.
· Communicates with urgency when necessary.
· Acts on his/her own with guidance.
o Asks questions and knows when to ask for help.
· Listens well and relates well to peers
· Participate actively in projects and meet deadlines for all assigned tasks.
· Intermediate Excel skills required.
· Comfortable with technology in general.
Our Value Proposition
Kelly connects skilled people with some of the best companies in the world through our recruiting and outsourcing practices. As advocates for the value of all workers and workstyles, we’re united by our passion to connect people to work and support them in reaching their greatest potential. Our work truly matters, and we know it. We celebrate each other’s successes, because we’re all in this together and we know that empowering others lifts us all. Come join us and you’ll see we are a group of people dedicated to breaking down barriers for all people who want to work and connecting people to work that enriches their lives.
Your Total Health
At Kelly, we design our benefits with you and your total health in mind. Our plans focus on your emotional, mental, spiritual, financial, social, occupational, environmental, and physical well-being.
· Paid Time Off (3 weeks)
· Holidays (8 days)
· Sick / Mental Health / Well-Being (5 days)
· Floating Holidays / Personal Significance (3 days)
· Volunteer Day (1 day)
· Healthcare – including Medical, Dental and Vision
· 401(k) Match
· Vacation Purchase Program
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Health Savings Account / Flexible Spending Accounts
· Company Provided Life and Disability Insurance
· Paid Parental Leave
· Adoption Assistance
Your Safety Matters
Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A Kelly recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.
Colorado Jobs Only
This job can be performed anywhere except in the state of Colorado. Colorado residents will not be considered for this job posting. [note: additional detail such as compensation range is to be included if posting in CO]
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce, including, but not limited to, race, gender, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Join our Talent Community and get updates about new openings.