7540 - Manager - Internal Controls - Virtual USA
This individual will assist the Sr. Director in developing financial business processes and policies, recommending and enforcing standardization compliance, by interacting with individuals from various departments. Also, to focus on systems which have been implemented, but are lacking appropriate financial business processes and controls.
- This position will support management for incident tracking and resolution, root cause analysis and avoidance; writing work instructions, process flows and overall documentation.
- The position requires the ability to identify service matrix features and solutions that meet customer needs and match the Kelly strategies.
- It must provide solutions, be able to analyze work flow and justify recommended improvements, both internally and externally.
- This position will support the month end close procedures, preparation of accruals and testing of quarterly controls.
- The position would ensure that there is proper communication to the GFBS and Operations Leadership of all key and relevant issues.
- This position supervises the GFBS Analyst positions and provides leadership and support to these positions.
- Field questions from auditors, research items, supervision of audit team and coordination with multiple departments both inside and outside GFBS – Operations, Legal, Finance.
- Provide training of new processes/procedures to the appropriate GFBS team members.
- Support quarterly controls testing of the BancPay invoicing system, quarterly SOX certifications, annual work instructions certifications, and coordination of quarterly compliance certification for AR securitization with Treasury.
- Support the Sr. Director in the review and development of operational business processes which function efficiently, effectively and contain appropriate controls.
- Which includes:
- Evaluating existing GFBS controls to determine if controls appear appropriate or if controls need to be added/deleted/updated on current Risk Assessments
- Making recommendations of appropriate actions or improvements to management to assist management in its quality efforts towards continuous improvement.
• Support month end procedures by preparing accruals and analyses to Finance, processing monthly Tungsten invoicing and quarterly Ariba invoicing.
- Preferred Middle Office Knowledge - Basic understanding of accounts receivable, payroll, billing and SSPA systems (GFBS roles) or knowledge and management of third party VMS technology.
- Contract Compliance - Understand and be able to enforce GFBS's standard operating procedures.
- Information Technology Expertise - Understands IT concepts, procedures and processes needed to perform in one area of expertise. Effectively integrates with other funcional areas of the company and builds expertise based on the needs of the business and the position.
- Strategic Thinking - Demonstrated ability to develop a plan of action to achieve a particular goal or objective
- Communication Skills - Be able to express ideas and thoughts in a logical concise manner, both oral and written.
- Project Management – Some experience in planning and communicating key objectives, tasks, and risks related to initiatives/process improvements/projects.
- Interpersonal Skills - Ability to communicate and listen effectively.
- exhibit sound judgement, and appropriately weigh risk and benefits.
- Negotiation - Demonstrated ability to seek an exchange of resources, dialogue, and/or anything else applicable that satisfy the interests of both internal and external customers if completed properly.
- Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed objectives through effective and efficient use of staff, procedures, policy, systems, and processes.
- Develop and encourage new ideas.
- Technology - Comfortable with technology, Excel and VMS Technology.
- Adaptability - Demonstrated ability to continuously evolve, adjust to and embrace changes in the business environment, offer alternatives, and drive solutions.
- Tactfully and effectively expressing your preferences, needs, opinions, and feelings.
- Initiative - Recognizing the need for action and taking action.
- Teamwork - Listens and relates well with others.
- potential to develop to support Kelly's growth and evolution.
- Financial/Internal controls – Identify breakdowns in current processes and controls as well as understanding when control processes and control points are needed to satisfy both Management and SOX requirements.
- Auditing/Accounting skills - Be able to understand general
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4-5 year of experience in Accounting, Audit, Project Management, Finance, Business, Management, Payroll, Service, Billing, Reporting and/or Accounts Receivable, plus at least 1 year of leading and managing teams/staff who work on large or complex projects or processes
- Preferred knowledge within Audit, Finance, Internal or Quality Control; Financial Shared Services Knowledge, CWO Operations and/or VM
Our Value Proposition
Kelly connects skilled people with some of the best companies in the world through our recruiting and outsourcing practices. As advocates for the value of all workers and workstyles, we’re united by our passion to connect people to work and support them in reaching their greatest potential. Our work truly matters, and we know it. We celebrate each other’s successes, because we’re all in this together and we know that empowering others lifts us all. Come join us and you’ll see we are a group of people dedicated to breaking down barriers for all people who want to work and connecting people to work that enriches their lives.
Your Total Health
At Kelly, we design our benefits with you and your total health in mind. Our plans focus on your emotional, mental, spiritual, financial, social, occupational, environmental, and physical well-being.
· Paid Time Off (3 weeks)
· Holidays (8 days)
· Sick / Mental Health / Well-Being (5 days)
· Floating Holidays / Personal Significance (3 days)
· Volunteer Day (1 day)
· Healthcare – including Medical, Dental and Vision
· 401(k) Match
· Vacation Purchase Program
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Health Savings Account / Flexible Spending Accounts
· Company Provided Life and Disability Insurance
· Paid Parental Leave
· Adoption Assistance
Your Safety Matters
Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A Kelly recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.
Colorado Jobs Only
This job can be performed anywhere except in the state of Colorado. Colorado residents will not be considered for this job posting. [note: additional detail such as compensation range is to be included if posting in CO]
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce, including, but not limited to, race, gender, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Join our Talent Community and get updates about new openings.