7646 - Govt. Program Manager - Menlo Park, CA
The Program Manager position is responsible for developing and maintaining Kelly Government’s relationship with a portfolio of clients as well as contract employees working in a wide variety of highly technical fields. The Program Manager performance level is a key determinant in the client’s perception of Kelly; therefore, they must continually strive to meet and exceed client expectations and ensure fulfillment of Service Level Agreements (SLA’s). This role engages with client contacts to consult and provide recommendations for new solutions or positions to increase business.
- Consult and engage with the client contract management team to ensure successful fulfillment of all contract requirements, including compliance with procedures and operational efficiencies.
- Serve as Client’s point of contact for all contract communications and activities including issue resolution, new order intake and daily activities.
- Drive fulfillment of contractual requirements and facilitates new business development opportunities.
- Proactively identify and implement work processes that improve speed, productivity, efficiency, cost, and/or the client experience.
- Lead implementation activities for new client wins, interfacing directly with the client and translating requirements to internal teams.
- Work with recruiting team to develop targeted recruiting strategies for positions.
- Manage vendor management system tool activity to ensure compliance with Service Level Agreements (SLA’s), contract requirements and overall program success.
- Ensure proper account setup according to proposed account approach.
- Review new funding requests/requirements and periodically required rate updates to ensure accuracy for all active employees and requirements.
- Ensure recruiting fulfillment of all client requirements through engagement and collaboration with recruiting team manager. Schedule and conduct candidate interviews.
- Audit and deliver mandatory reporting in support of contract and program requirements. Conducts meetings with client’s team to review success, challenges and implement new processes. Resolve invoice discrepancies, analyze travel requirements, track and request employee trainings and certifications, provide guidance and policy information to client end users.
- Extend offers of employment to candidates, negotiate pay rates, set start dates, issue offer letters and benefit statements.
- Submit appropriate contracting documents to confirm bill rate and justification to customer.
- Work with talent throughout the hiring process to complete required Kelly and customer paperwork prior to start date.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Kelly talent through by supporting a variety of engagement activities.
- Understand and explain policies related to employment and working with the federal government; interpret policies for talent associated with leave, telework, occupational health; basic travel questions; deliver new hire orientations.
- Investigate workplace injuries and work with corporate safety specialists to support talent injuries in the workplace; make recommendations to talent in an effort to promote a safer work environment.
- Manage and resolve employee performance issues.
- Assist with weekly payroll processing, resolve employee payroll related issues/concerns and ensure employees receive appropriate benefits.
- Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of Government Contracting procedures and Federal Acquisition Regulations (desired)
- Experience with Fieldglass (required)
- Experience working with Department of Energy or other government agencies (desired)
- Knowledge/experience with employment law policies and procedures
- Microsoft Outlook, Office and Microsoft Teams
- BA or BS in Business or related field or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years’ experience with client relations and account management; business development; employee engagement; process development
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Work Location: Menlo Park, CA. Spend 1 – 2 days per week at the client location
Salary range: $52,600 - $69,800
Your Opportunity for Impact
Technical work takes proven expertise. To thrive in Kelly SETT, you’ll need to keep powering the innovations of tomorrow with today’s brightest talent. We’re specialized to help modern organizations like yours fuel your growth in Science, Engineering, Technology, and Telecom. Let’s get to work.
Our Value Proposition
Kelly connects skilled people with some of the best companies in the world through our recruiting and outsourcing practices. As advocates for the value of all workers and workstyles, we’re united by our passion to connect people to work and support them in reaching their greatest potential. Our work truly matters, and we know it. We celebrate each other’s successes, because we’re all in this together and we know that empowering others lifts us all. Come join us and you’ll see we are a group of people dedicated to breaking down barriers for all people who want to work and connecting people to work that enriches their lives.
Your Total Health
At Kelly, we design our benefits with you and your total health in mind. Our plans focus on your emotional, mental, spiritual, financial, social, occupational, environmental, and physical well-being.
- Paid Time Off
- Sick / Mental Health / Well-Being
- Floating Holidays / Personal Significance
- Volunteer Day
- Healthcare – including Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401(k) Match
- Vacation Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Savings Account / Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company Provided Life and Disability Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Adoption Assistance
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce, including, but not limited to, race, gender, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Your Safety Matters
Vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for all job opportunities offered through Kelly Government Solutions, in accordance with the Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors.
Join our Talent Community and get updates about new openings.