7843 - Director, Indirect Tax - Troy, MI (Hybrid Role)
Your Opportunity for Impact
- Direct a portfolio of workstreams in support of Kelly’s payroll, property, sales/use, gross receipts/business license, unclaimed property, and other miscellaneous tax compliance, including:
- Timely and accurate filing of returns for US, Canada and Puerto Rico.
- Accounting for taxes, including account reconciliations.
- Provide subject matter expertise to the business, including BU leaders and HQ support functions, including Payroll, Billing, HR, IT, Accounting, Law, and Unemployment. Includes supporting customer and vendor inquiries, monitoring law changes, and leading tax savings projects.
- Support new business initiatives by identifying functional and technical requirements, including the impact on existing tax processes. Includes new system implementations, new service offerings, and acquisition due diligence/integration.
- Lead initiatives to improve operational efficiency and streamline workflow.
- Mentor and develop team members on compliance, research, and automation.
- Monitor, identify, and resolve tax system and reporting issues.
- Oversee audits of returns by government examiners, and processes by third party and internal auditors.
- BA in Accounting
- 10 years of tax or related experience
- Strong leadership, analytical accounting, communication, Excel and management skills.
- Due to the deadline driven nature of the tax function, the Tax Director will work in a fast-paced, cross functional team environment to help the company meet its goals.
Our Value Proposition
Kelly connects skilled people with some of the best companies in the world through our recruiting and outsourcing practices. As advocates for the value of all workers and workstyles, we’re united by our passion to connect people to work and support them in reaching their greatest potential. Our work truly matters, and we know it. We celebrate each other’s successes, because we’re all in this together and we know that empowering others lifts us all. Come join us and you’ll see we are a group of people dedicated to breaking down barriers for all people who want to work and connecting people to work that enriches their lives.
Your Total Health
At Kelly, we design our benefits with you and your total health in mind. Our plans focus on your emotional, mental, spiritual, financial, social, occupational, environmental, and physical well-being.
- Paid Time Off (3 weeks)
- Holidays (8 days)
- Sick / Mental Health / Well-Being (5 days)
- Floating Holidays / Personal Significance (3 days)
- Volunteer Day (1 day)
- Healthcare – including Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401(k) Match
- Vacation Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Savings Account / Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company Provided Life and Disability Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Adoption Assistance
Your Safety Matters
Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A Kelly recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce, including, but not limited to, race, gender, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Join our Talent Community and get updates about new openings.