8139 - Head of Science & Clinical Specialty Business - Virtual, USA
The Head of Science & Clinical Specialty Business is the P&L leader for Kelly’s Science and Clinical Business in North America. This role is responsible for all aspects of managing the business, including defining the strategy, leading and structuring the team, and ensuring disciplined execution to deliver top and bottom-line growth to achieve financial targets.
The role directly oversees the sales and recruiting organizations as well as the outcome based functional service delivery organization. The incumbent is also responsible for acting as subject matter expert during M&A activities, for specialty knowledge creation, and for raising the profile of this business by leveraging Kelly marketing resources and acting as the public spokesperson for the Business.
• Continually build and develop a high caliber, diverse team at every level in the Business
• Create a culture that promotes high performance and fosters collaboration and talent nurturing
• Ensure that the team is optimally structured to execute the business strategy, leveraging onshore and offshore resources appropriately
• Lead by example by spending significant time in the field with the sales and delivery teams, and by engaging directly with critical client relationships
• Raise the public profile of the business by acting as advocate and expert spokesperson in media forums and at key industry events
• Establish critical financial metrics and operating metrics, and ensure appropriate analytics visibility at every level in the organization
• Set clear targets to drive accountability and measurable continuous productivity improvement
• Create a systematic review cadence of critical metrics trends vs. targets to ensure early identification of areas of risk
• Pivot rapidly to reallocate resources in response to changing market conditions that create opportunities or challenges
• Ensure effective collaboration between Science & Clinical teams and other business and functional teams in Kelly to capture revenue and efficiency synergies
• Understand and participate in evolving the overall SETT strategy within the broader Kelly strategy context
• For the Science & Clinical business unit, create a compelling vision as well as a clear strategic roadmap:
o Identify the client segments that will be pursued and the relevant suite of service offerings
o Create an effective national and regional sales approach, and optimize the recruiting and delivery organizations to support this
o Develop clear differentiation in the market to drive share gains, and create a pricing and cost model that will expand EBITDA margins over time
• Monitor general market trends as well as client and candidate feedback as critical inputs to refine the strategy of the Business
• Clearly communicate and build alignment around the Science & Clinical vision and strategy within the Business and across SETT and Kelly
Knowledge and Skills:
• Strategy development and project oversight
• P&L management and financial analysis
• People leadership: recruiting, structuring and motivating high performance teams
• Client relationship management
• Science & Clinical thought leadership
• Operational review cadence design and metrics management
• Matrixed organization collaboration
• Bachelor’s degree in a Sciences relate field
• Master’s degree in Business or related field or equivalent experience preferred
• 12+ years of the following professional experience:
o Business strategy and P&L leadership experience
o Senior managerial experience overseeing multiple reporting levels
o Sales and national account management experience preferred
o Specialized talent service experience preferred (e.g., staffing, CRO, FSP)
o Scientific service experience preferred
Location: May be a combination of on-site and virtual
Travel Required: c. 20-40%
Our Value Proposition
Kelly connects skilled people with some of the best companies in the world through our recruiting and outsourcing practices. As advocates for the value of all workers and workstyles, we’re united by our passion to connect people to work and support them in reaching their greatest potential. Our work truly matters, and we know it. We celebrate each other’s successes, because we’re all in this together and we know that empowering others lifts us all. Come join us and you’ll see we are a group of people dedicated to breaking down barriers for all people who want to work and connecting people to work that enriches their lives.
Your Total Health
At Kelly, we design our benefits with you and your total health in mind. Our plans focus on your emotional, mental, spiritual, financial, social, occupational, environmental, and physical well-being.
· Paid Time Off
· Sick / Mental Health / Well-Being
· Floating Holidays / Personal Significance
· Volunteer Day
· Healthcare – including Medical, Dental and Vision
· 401(k) Match
· Vacation Purchase Program
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Health Savings Account / Flexible Spending Accounts
· Company Provided Life and Disability Insurance
· Paid Parental Leave
· Adoption Assistance
Your Safety Matters
Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A Kelly recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce, including, but not limited to, race, gender, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Join our Talent Community and get updates about new openings.