8455 - Kelly Corporate Sr. Scrum Master - Virtual
* Kelly is looking to proactively build its pipeline of talented professionals for future opportunities. If you are interested in being a part of our talent pool for this specific position, please apply to the posting.
Your Opportunity for Impact
With a high degree of latitude, the Sr. Scrum Master facilitates and champions the agile project delivery and software development lifecycle process framework by coaching and mentoring development teams, identifying and eliminating impediments, and promoting the use of standards and best practices. The Scrum Master ensures smooth operation of agile process framework and activities, and is responsible for leading daily stand-ups, backlog prioritization meetings, and retrospectives.
How you will support the team…
· Acts as a leader and liaison between development teams and product management, ensuring that appropriate project processes are followed. Supports team with resolution on issues to prevent project delay. Provides leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to team.
· Plan, organize and facilitate agile activities and ceremonies including daily stand-up meetings, sprint reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, and product backlog refinement sessions.
· Ensure that all meetings are positive, productive, stay on topic, and are kept within the timebox.
· Collaborate closely with the product owner to manage the backlog.
· Effectively facilities user story estimation and forecasting.
· Champion and facilitate adoption of agile standards, tools, and best practices.
· Coach team on established IT and corporate standards (e.g., security, quality, and architecture) to minimize operational and reputational risk.
· Proactively identify and resolve impediments to team progress.
· Communicate with leaders across the organization to ensure transparency into delivery progress, challenges, and risks.
· Utilize team feedback and metrics (e.g., quality, delivery, cadence, etc.) to identify areas of opportunity and work with team to continuously improve.
· Coach the team to improve collaboration and self-management, promoting healthy interactions both within the team and with external stakeholders.
· Represent the team at broader planning and coordination sessions (e.g., Scrum of Scrums).
· Support the team in using agile planning and development tools (e.g. DevOps, JIRA, Confluence, Rally).
· Experiment with new practices and frameworks to improve team outcomes.
· Actively participate in learning opportunities such as communities of practice or conferences to improve skills and better support the team.
· Contribute to the advancement and improvement of agile practices within the organization
· Provide leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to a less experienced Scrum Masters
· Acts as a scrum master in large high risk complex projects and/or a combination of large and multiple small-scale projects.
Does this sound like you?
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related is required
· 8+ years of experience implementing complex advisory, consulting or workforce solutions
Our Value Proposition
Kelly connects skilled people with some of the best companies in the world through our recruiting and outsourcing practices. As advocates for the value of all workers and workstyles, we’re united by our passion to connect people to work and support them in reaching their greatest potential. Our work truly matters, and we know it. We celebrate each other’s successes, because we’re all in this together and we know that empowering others lifts us all. Come join us and you’ll see we are a group of people dedicated to breaking down barriers for all people who want to work and connecting people to work that enriches their lives.
Your Total Health
At Kelly, we design our benefits with you and your total health in mind. Our plans focus on your emotional, mental, spiritual, financial, social, occupational, environmental, and physical well-being.
Paid Time Off
Sick / Mental Health / Well-Being
Floating Holidays / Personal Significance
Healthcare – including Medical, Dental and Vision
Vacation Purchase Program
Health Savings Account / Flexible Spending Accounts
Company Provided Life and Disability Insurance
Paid Parental Leave
Your Safety Matters
Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A Kelly recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce, including, but not limited to, race, gender, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Join our Talent Community and get updates about new openings.