8729 - Network Engineer II - Virtual
Your Opportunity for Impact
Kelly Services, a leader in providing workforce solutions, is looking for a Network Engineer II for their corporate location in Troy, MI. Working within the Global Infrastructure organization, and reporting to the Senior Manager, Network Engineering, this individual will focus on support, projects and implementing new technologies in a “cloud first” environment.
Responsible for the planning, design, implementation and
ongoing support of wired, wireless, and IP telephony networks and related
items. Analyze the impact of applications on the current deployment and the
future design of the network. Design and support network solutions to enable a
Project and work areas include:
• Assist in the design, build and maintain highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures (Equinix preferred, MS Azure preferred, AWS, GCP)
• Assist in the design, build and maintain flexible network architectures to support a mobile workforce.
• Troubleshoots and resolves complex network issues.
• Creates team procedures based on lessons learned from troubleshooting incidents.
• Initiates, develops and ensures compliance with data, security, voice or IP telephony standards, policies and procedures.
• Evaluates and recommends new network (data, security, voice / cloud telephony) technologies and products
• Work with and mentor Network Operations team members in supporting new technologies.
• Analyze application behavior on networks before and after they are in production; and take appropriate action when required.
• Ensures designs, standards, policies and procedures are followed, resulting in the delivery of a high performing, solid, stable, secure network (data, security, voice / IP telephony) environment for the enterprise.
• Interface with other key resources, including Global Infrastructure, also well as Global Applications, Data Security, Global Risk and Compliance, and other IT and Business Departments.
• Acts as technical resource to other teams and projects.
Familiarity with other technologies include:
Operational experience with F5 Firewalls, including load balancing, wide IP’s, iRules, application delivery etc.
• Cisco switch and router hardware
(ASR 1000, Nexus 5K, 7K, 9K, Catalyst 9K, Cisco IOS, NX-OS, and ACI platforms).
• Cisco ACI, DNA Center, ISE
• Cloud networking with Azure preferred and AWS or GCP optional
• Routing protocols and VPN (EIGRP, BGP, IPSec, GRE).
• QoS and cloud voice technologies.
• Wireless technology (Cisco, Aruba preferred).
• Firewall technology (Palo Alto, Fortinet, Panorama).
· A minimum of 2-5+ years in networking or an equivalent combination of experience.
Our Value Proposition
Kelly connects skilled people with some of the best companies in the world through our recruiting and outsourcing practices. As advocates for the value of all workers and workstyles, we’re united by our passion to connect people to work and support them in reaching their greatest potential. Our work truly matters, and we know it. We celebrate each other’s successes, because we’re all in this together and we know that empowering others lifts us all. Come join us and you’ll see we are a group of people dedicated to breaking down barriers for all people who want to work and connecting people to work that enriches their lives.
Your Total Health
At Kelly, we design our benefits with you and your total health in mind. Our plans focus on your emotional, mental, spiritual, financial, social, occupational, environmental, and physical well-being.
· Paid Time Off
· Holidays (8 days)
· Sick / Mental Health / Well-Being (5 days)
· Floating Holidays / Personal Significance (3 days)
· Volunteer Day (1 day)
· Healthcare – including Medical, Dental and Vision
· 401(k) Match
· Vacation Purchase Program
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Health Savings Account / Flexible Spending Accounts
· Company Provided Life and Disability Insurance
· Paid Parental Leave
· Adoption Assistance
Your Safety Matters
Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A Kelly recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce, including, but not limited to, race, gender, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Join our Talent Community and get updates about new openings.