8823 - Benefits Analyst - Virtual USA
Your Opportunity for Impact!
The Benefits Specialist is responsible for administration of one or more benefits and retirement programs for regular staff and temporary employees, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, EAP/Wellbeing, short- and long-term disability, FMLA and 401(k) plan.
- Ensure the accuracy of all demographic information in the benefit administration system to provide vendors with accurate eligibility information.
- Conduct new-hire orientations.
- Perform periodic audits of benefits-related data.
- Research and resolve benefits claim issues and plan changes.
- Review and respond to employee benefit appeals.
- Respond to benefits inquiries from managers and employees on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries.
- Oversee leave-of-absence requests including medical, personal, disability and FMLA.
- Respond to 401(k) inquiries from managers and employees relating to enrollments, plan changes and contribution amounts.
- Administer the open enrollment process, including on-site education presentations at customer sites for temporary employees and virtual/in-person education presentations for regular staff employees.
- Prepare and provide necessary reports for support of various benefit programs.
- Participate in RFP process for employee benefit plans and vendors to identify best value for Kelly and employees.
- Serve as contact for plan vendors and Third-Party Administrators.
- Document and maintain administrative procedures for benefit processes.
- Assure governmental compliance with benefit plans.
- Handle daily benefits processing (i.e., Qualified Medical Child Support Orders - QMSCOs)
- Process payroll adjustments as a result of benefit changes.
- Complete benefit surveys and review information obtained from results.
- Provide support to internal and external customers.
- Develop benefit communications tools to enhance understanding of programs.
- Conduct research on external best practices and develop recommendations for new or enhanced voluntary benefits offerings and wellbeing programs
- Associates degree in HR or related field preferred; experience and/or other training/certification may be substituted for education
- Three to five years’ experience in HR and/or benefits administration.
- Knowledge of employee benefits and applicable laws.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Project management skills
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of pertinent federal, state and local regulations, filing and compliance requirements.
Our Value Proposition
Kelly connects skilled people with some of the best companies in the world through our recruiting and outsourcing practices. As advocates for the value of all workers and workstyles, we’re united by our passion to connect people to work and support them in reaching their greatest potential. Our work truly matters, and we know it. We celebrate each other’s successes, because we’re all in this together and we know that empowering others lifts us all. Come join us and you’ll see we are a group of people dedicated to breaking down barriers for all people who want to work and connecting people to work that enriches their lives.
Your Total Health
At Kelly, we design our benefits with you and your total health in mind. Our plans focus on your emotional, mental, spiritual, financial, social, occupational, environmental, and physical well-being.
- Paid Time Off (3 weeks)
- Holidays (8 days)
- Sick / Mental Health / Well-Being (5 days)
- Floating Holidays / Personal Significance (3 days)
- Volunteer Day (1 day)
- Healthcare – including Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401(k) Match
- Vacation Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Savings Account / Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company Provided Life and Disability Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Adoption Assistance
Your Safety Matters
Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A Kelly recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce, including, but not limited to, race, gender, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Join our Talent Community and get updates about new openings.