8896 - Data Analytics-Product Owner - Virtual
Your Opportunity for Impact
The IT Product Owner (IT PO) works with stakeholders from all business units and corporate support areas to define and document data and analytical requirements to support operational, performance management and analytical business needs. The IT Product Owner also works closely with the Scrum Masters and development teams as well as related third parties to identify and understand data definitions, relationships and business rules that are required for delivery of analytics and data to support reporting and visualizations.
Main goal of this role is to optimize what the Sprint team is delivering and to translate the requirements from the Business Product Owners to the delivery team. They help put on the Scrum events to support the Agile cycle of transparency, inspection, adaptation.
· Elicit and document requirements for business and/or IT delivery of data, tools, and data platform components to support business analytics, reporting, visualizations, and integrations
· Prepares requirements documentation for input files, extracts, and PBI app
· As a key member of the Scrum delivery team:
· Discovers and sets the priority of upcoming work in the backlog; defines the sprint goals
· Develops project backlog items (requirements, User Stories)
· Works closely with the data architect to bring all definitions needed to the backlog
· Ensures sprint backlog is transparent, visible, and understood by everyone
· Represents Business Product Owner interests within the team
· Prepares business metric definitions document
· Coordinates with the Data Governance Data Owner/Steward and Program Manager to ensure data facets are properly defined
· Research and analyze data used for business operations, decision-making and performance improvement.
· Perform data mapping and data analysis as input to data architect, data integration, BI development efforts.
· Assist with Quality Assurance testing of reports and semantic layers. May facilitate User Acceptance testing and assist with User Support and Training.
· Ability to interact effectively with non-technical, functional user community while being able to translate customer needs, business and detail data requirements to technical delivery team. This position will interact heavily with data architects, data integrators and BI developers.
· Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
· Rationalize and negotiate from a perspective of what’s best for Kelly overall.
· Deliver well-organized documentation & presentations, participate in project teams, provide work effort estimates and provide regular status reporting.
· Ensures issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner. Communicates needed changes to development team.
· Understand business needs and ensure compliance to Kelly global standards including Data Privacy and Security
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group; executives, managers, and subject matter experts
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while managing business analysis timelines and deliverables around multiple projects
· Experience in managing customer expectations effectively
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
· Thinks “outside the box” to generate fresh ideas/approaches
· Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into report requirements
· Ability to interact effectively with technical and non-technical teams to articulate and resolve data issues
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Systems, or equivalent experience.
· 5-7+ years of Business Analysis experience in an Analytics/Data Warehousing/BI environment
· Must have worked in an Analytics and Enterprise Data Warehousing environment
· Must have hands-on experience with Data Warehouse, Analytical, and Data Visualization/BI tools
· Must possess a blend of business expertise, analytical ability, data and IT skills
· Must have experience with defining business and system requirements through Agile methodology
Our Value Proposition
Kelly connects skilled people with some of the best companies in the world through our recruiting and outsourcing practices. As advocates for the value of all workers and workstyles, we’re united by our passion to connect people to work and support them in reaching their greatest potential. Our work truly matters, and we know it. We celebrate each other’s successes, because we’re all in this together and we know that empowering others lifts us all. Come join us and you’ll see we are a group of people dedicated to breaking down barriers for all people who want to work and connecting people to work that enriches their lives.
Your Total Health
At Kelly, we design our benefits with you and your total health in mind. Our plans focus on your emotional, mental, spiritual, financial, social, occupational, environmental, and physical well-being.
· Paid Time Off
· Holidays (8 days)
· Sick / Mental Health / Well-Being (5 days)
· Floating Holidays / Personal Significance (3 days)
· Volunteer Day (1 day)
· Healthcare – including Medical, Dental and Vision
· 401(k) Match
· Vacation Purchase Program
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Health Savings Account / Flexible Spending Accounts
· Company Provided Life and Disability Insurance
· Paid Parental Leave
· Adoption Assistance
Your Safety Matters
Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A Kelly recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce, including, but not limited to, race, gender, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Join our Talent Community and get updates about new openings.