8957 - Corporate Solutions Architect - Virtual
*Kelly is looking to proactively build its pipeline of talented professionals for future opportunities. If you are interested in being a part of our talent pool for this specific position, please apply to the posting.
Your Opportunity for Impact
The Solution Architect, working under limited direction has a sophisticated understanding of Kelly Services’ portfolio of solutions/applications and is responsible for ensuring the solution alternatives (build and buy) will meet current and future business needs for the Kelly’s specialty business unit. The Architect must understand the business outcomes, be accountable for design and development of solutions and ensure these solutions align with Kelly Services’ architectural standards
How you will support the team…
· Provides Solution Architecture for the business objectives and current and future state business capabilities and details the solution architecture design and analysis work. Works collaboratively with business and IT partners and influences the selection of solutions based on architectural standards and guidelines.
· Participates on multi-functional teams to develop and translate customer requirements into detailed architectural designs, internal product specifications and/or third-party solution technical requirements,
· Defines technical specifications and solution designs (internal, custom-developed products and applications) using appropriate software engineering processes either individually or in concert with project team.
· Develops programming and software development standards and procedures that support code reuse (e.g., microservices) and guide “citizen developer” produced solutions.
· Works with the other architectural domains (Data, Infrastructure, Security) and vendors to ensure solutions meet reliability, security, performance, compliance, master data management and DR requirements.
· Reviews user stories and coordinates with Agile Scrum teams to see opportunities to reuse objects/services/functions previously developed to improve the velocity of each sprint.
· Research and maintains knowledge in new technologies and assesses feasibility for use within Kelly’s computing environment.
· Develop & Document architectural designs and concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
· Ability to coordinate and carry out architectural standards, guidelines, and principles within and across the organization.
· Understanding of agile principles and development methodologies. and capability of supporting agile teams by providing advice and guidance on opportunities, impact and risks, taking account of technical and architectural debt.
· Identify potential solutions, as well as understand key interdependencies with other systems.
· Ability to understand and balance the long-term ("big picture" concept of reducing complexity of the application portfolio) and short-term perspectives (“get it done” quickly to meet urgent business needs).
Does this sound like you?
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related is required
· 6 + years of experience in IT system design improvements and medium to large-scale transformations.
· 3 + years of hands-on experience in architecture, design or development of enterprise applications and integrations.
· Understanding and knowledge of system development life cycle methodologies (such as waterfall, spiral, agile software development, rapid prototyping, incremental, synchronize and stabilize, and DevOps).
· Knowledge of architecture (e.g., TOGAF, Zachman) and design patterns and the ability to apply them.
· Business process reengineering experience, including documentation of processes using flowcharting software.
· Experience working with business partners.
· Experience migrating or redefining legacy solutions to the cloud.
· Experience integrating custom developed applications and commercial software solutions across sophisticated enterprise environments.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
Our Value Proposition
Kelly connects skilled people with some of the best companies in the world through our recruiting and outsourcing practices. As advocates for the value of all workers and workstyles, we’re united by our passion to connect people to work and support them in reaching their greatest potential. Our work truly matters, and we know it. We celebrate each other’s successes, because we’re all in this together and we know that empowering others lifts us all. Come join us and you’ll see we are a group of people dedicated to breaking down barriers for all people who want to work and connecting people to work that enriches their lives.
Your Total Health
At Kelly, we design our benefits with you and your total health in mind. Our plans focus on your emotional, mental, spiritual, financial, social, occupational, environmental, and physical well-being.
Paid Time Off
Holidays (8 days)
Sick / Mental Health / Well-Being (5 days)
Floating Holidays / Personal Significance (3 days)
Volunteer Day (1 day)
Healthcare – including Medical, Dental and Vision
Vacation Purchase Program
Health Savings Account / Flexible Spending Accounts
Company Provided Life and Disability Insurance
Paid Parental Leave
Your Safety Matters
Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A Kelly recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce, including, but not limited to, race, gender, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Join our Talent Community and get updates about new openings.