9075 - Accounting Manager - Virtual USA
Kelly Services is a Global provider of Talent Solutions and we are excited to add a new opportunity within our organization! – Accounting Manager.
This Accounting Mgr. position will report into the Director of Finance. This position will be 100% remote with a limited amount of travel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee and lead the activities of the accounting department for accurate and timely production of financial reports including monthly closing, preparing monthly financial statements, annual audits, annual budgets, tax filings, internal controls, SEC and SOX compliance as well as interact with Kelly Corporate Finance for consolidation matters.
- Prepare / Review account reconciliations and supporting schedules ensuring compliance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Support / assist in the completion of quarterly forecasts and the 3-year business plan by the Finance Director.
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and carrying out policies and procedures
- Aid in AR, collections, AP, payroll activities and cash flow forecasting
- Strong leadership skills including the ability to mentor, coach, train and develop accounting staff in a remote environment
- Experience in data transfer and reconciliation between systems such as QuickBooks and TM1.
- Proactively identify issues and implement process improvements to streamline accounting and system-related processes
- Analyze trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses
- Establish and maintain environment of internal controls and procedures to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Prepare routine and ad hoc schedules, statements, reports and analytics as necessary
- Monitor the related budget to meet budgetary goals and address variances
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- 5+ years of increasingly responsible experience in accounting, public company, SOX compliance experience preferred
- 2+ years of supervisory experience
- Experience successfully handling multiple requests, assessing priorities, and achieving solutions under deadlines
- Extensive experience with general ledger functions and the month-end / quarter-end / year-end close processes
- Experience in assisting in the preparation of forecasts and budgets
- In-depth knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Ability to effectively use accounting knowledge to collaborate with varying levels of employees and senior management to drive sound business decisions.
- Strong organization and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail, thoroughness, and accuracy
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meeting schedules, deadlines, targets, and goals
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Hard-working, results-oriented, positive attitude, and customer focused
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality; highly ethical
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365 with advanced Excel skills including pivot tables and formulas
- 2+ years of Quickbooks experience, Other Software platforms a plus including Microsoft Dynamic 365
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) with background in Audit at Global / National Public Accounting Firm.
- Relevant experience in business services/staffing industry
- 5% travel
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Opportunities for career advancement and continuous improvement
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce, including, but not limited to, race, gender, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Join our Talent Community and get updates about new openings.