9090 - Risk & Claims Analyst - Virtual USA
Your Opportunity for Impact!
At the general direction of the Risk & Insurance Manager, you will perform work as a subject matter expert within areas surrounding the company’s Risk and Insurance Management activities, including but not limited to insurance policy management & interpretation, customer contract reviews & recommendations, insurance bond procurement, insured claim handling, certificate of insurance compliance, consultative risk advising, and other related risk and insurance management functions.
Claims Management – Works with the Risk & Insurance Manager to handle and resolve small claims for loss in which the individual claim exposure totals less than $10,000. At the direction of the Risk & Insurance Manager, investigate, report, and direct liability insurance claims activities in coordination with Kelly legal team.
This includes application of knowledge surrounding auto, professional medical, and general liability claims investigations, values, customer contract interpretation & application, etc.
Coordinate & complete bordereau reporting for professional error & omissions and employer practice liability claims with broker/carrier.
Contract Review – Review both US and non-US customer contracts, SOW’s and vendor agreements to identify potential job risks and insurance term compliance. This includes analyzing multiple areas of risk, identifying, describing, and estimating the risks and related financial impacts affecting the business and effectively communicating those impacts to the business unit representatives to ensure understanding of potential coverage gaps or additional expenses at risk.
Applies insurance terms coverage knowledge within the customer written contract review process which requires a thorough understanding of exclusions and endorsements within Kelly’s insurance.
Prepare well thought out written recommendations regarding job description and contract reviews to include potential insurance modification recommendations and/or contract indemnification amendments, as well as assigning approval authority priorities (1 to 5).
Subject-Matter Expertise / Other Duties – Serve as subject-matter expert on general risk management inquiries, insurance policy analysis, risk assessment of job assignments, client and supplier-based certificates of insurance, surety bonds, workers’ compensation policy management within monopolistic and self-insured states.
Manages certificate of insurance process & renewal program, vendor pre-qualification tool submittals, and surety bond issuance and billing process.
Maintains and updates annual insurance program documentation, including policy registers, program summaries, and related documentation in support of overall risk management function.
Participates in special projects or other tasks as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills Needed:
- General knowledge of risk assessment, risk mitigation, incident management, and insurance programs including the insurance underwriting process.
- Experience in insurance claims management best practices and TPA management practices
- Demonstrated critical thinking and strong independent decision-making ability
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Risk Management Information Systems
- Excellent problem solving and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work under multiple deadlines with multiple projects
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relative business experience.
- Professional designations such as AIC, ARM, CPCU, or other insurance or business law related designations desirable.
- 4 years + of direct risk management experience in underwriting, insurance company, broker, or within a risk management business operation.
Our Value Proposition
Kelly connects skilled people with some of the best companies in the world through our recruiting and outsourcing practices. As advocates for the value of all workers and workstyles, we’re united by our passion to connect people to work and support them in reaching their greatest potential. Our work truly matters, and we know it. We celebrate each other’s successes, because we’re all in this together and we know that empowering others lifts us all. Come join us and you’ll see we are a group of people dedicated to breaking down barriers for all people who want to work and connecting people to work that enriches their lives.
Your Total Health
At Kelly, we design our benefits with you and your total health in mind. Our plans focus on your emotional, mental, spiritual, financial, social, occupational, environmental, and physical well-being.
- Paid Time Off (3 weeks)
- Holidays (8 days)
- Sick / Mental Health / Well-Being (5 days)
- Floating Holidays / Personal Significance (3 days)
- Volunteer Day (1 day)
- Healthcare – including Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401(k) Match
- Vacation Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Savings Account / Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company Provided Life and Disability Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Adoption Assistance
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce, including, but not limited to, race, gender, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Join our Talent Community and get updates about new openings.