9763 - Professional & Industrial HR Project Generalist - Jacksonville, FL
Your Opportunity for Impact
The HR Project Generalist leads employee relations, compensation, training, performance, staffing levels, and safety for the site. Serves as an employee champion while partnering with leadership to ensure consistency and fair practices throughout the organization. Identifies skill gaps and develops and/or identifies training resources offering training in a job-specific area.
How you'll support your team...
- Builds and maintains strong business partnerships with leadership, employees, and client representatives.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to leadership (mentor, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions)
- Develops policies and programs to attract, retain, and promote a diverse workforce.
- Maintains full staffing by recruiting and interviewing top talent.
- Posts internal job opportunities.
- Leads equitable pay plan by reviewing periodic wage surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; assessing and scheduling individual pay actions, and recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Verifies compensation against SOWs.
- Ensures legal compliance by assessing and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements, conducting investigations, maintaining records, and representing the organization at hearings.
- Ensures an open-door policy with employees and leadership.
- Works closely with corporate legal team and responds to EEOC and other legal inquiries.
- Conducts effective, detailed and objective investigations while providing recommendations and final decisions on outcome of investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Interviews candidates for open positions within the distribution centers
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase efficiency and retention.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Analyzes trends and metrics to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Ensures FMLA and LOA requests are handled accurately and in a timely manner.
- Conducts employee surveys annually and analyzes results with leadership.
- Prepares statistical reports.
- Verifies accuracy of monthly invoicing
- Prepares weekly forecast reports for senior leadership.
- Audits PeopleNet Time Keeping System, correcting punches and closing clocks as scheduled.
- Run various payroll reports
- Prepare PTO on a weekly basis and send to corporate for processing.
- Submit Direct Deposit forms.
- Ensure associates are qualified for holiday pay prior to submission
- Hold regular and detailed New Hire Orientations to include tours of the work area.
- Arrange new hire start dates, schedule New Hire Orientation
- Demonstrate use of time clock and retrieval of pay stubs and how to access training data base to new hires.
- Identifies and assesses training needs with leadership such as: harassment prevention training, Interacting with a diverse workforce, appropriate behavior in the workplace.
- Further analyze training needs by observing employees and soliciting suggestions from Team Leaders and Senior Management
- Assess workplace and emphasize positive behavior, give corrective feedback when needed.
- Builds new training programs or modify existing programs.
- Plans, coordinates, and implements a range of training activities.
- Revises and conducts new hire orientations.
- Develops, coordinates, conducts, and evaluates training programs.
- Develops or identify instructing materials appropriate to the skill gaps.
- Advises structured learning experiences.
- Develops programs that groom lower-level employees for promotional opportunities.
- Evaluates training efficiency with leadership team.
- Builds monitored simulations and problem-solving scenarios.
Does this sound like you?
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- Five to seven (5-7) years related work experience in progressively responsible human resource and training roles.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience developing and presenting training programs.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions in a manner consistent with the crucial job functions.
- Prioritise multiple conflicting priorities.
- Familiarity with federal and state laws, rules, and regulations regarding employee welfare, safety, and compensation
- Highly developed curiosity about and desire for continuous learning and personal development
- One year payroll experience
- SPHR and/or SHRM-SCP Certification(s) strongly preferred
Our Value Proposition:
Kelly connects skilled people with some of the best companies in the world through our recruiting and outsourcing practices. As advocates for the value of all workers and workstyles, we’re united by our passion to connect people to work and support them in reaching their greatest potential. Our work truly matters, and we know it. We celebrate each other’s successes, because we’re all in this together and we know that empowering others lifts us all. Come join us and you’ll see we are a group of people dedicated to breaking down barriers for all people who want to work and connecting people to work that enriches their lives.
Your Total Health
At Kelly, we design our benefits with you and your total health in mind. Our plans focus on your emotional, mental, spiritual, financial, social, occupational, environmental, and physical well-being.
· Paid Time Off (3 weeks)
· Holidays (8 days)
· Sick / Mental Health / Well-Being (5 days)
· Floating Holidays / Personal Significance (4 days)
· Volunteer Day (1 day)
· Healthcare - including Medical, Dental and Vision
· 401(k) Match
· Vacation Purchase Program
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Health Savings Account / Flexible Spending Accounts
· Company Provided Life and Disability Insurance
· Paid Parental Leave
· Adoption Assistance
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce, including, but not limited to, race, gender, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Join our Talent Community and get updates about new openings.