AWS Cloud Lead
JD Description -T4-AWS Cloud Lead ( 7 – 9 years )
We’re in search of a Cloud Engineer who can seamlessly mesh tech know-how with business acumen to help us navigate all our cloud computing needs, including infrastructure design, maintenance, support and planning, and everything in between. Not only are you experienced in cloud-based tech, but you have a firm grasp of LaaS technologies, platforms and applications, and have intimate knowledge of how best to customize these attributes to our business to help us become more secure and efficient
Cloud Engineer Roles and Responsibilities:
• Working in tandem with our engineering team to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions for the company.
• Participate in planning, implementation, and growth of the infrastructure on Amazon Web Services (AWS) Gov Cloud.
• Manage full application stacks from the OS through custom applications using Amazon cloud-based computing environments.
• Manage a continuous integration/continuous deployment methodology for the server-based technologies.
• Planning, designing and developing cloud-based applications.
• Managing cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines.
• Deploying and debugging cloud initiatives as needed in accordance with best practices throughout the development lifecycle.
• Educating teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required.
• Employing exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they snowball into problems.
• Using your extensive knowledge of APIs to design RESTful services, and integrate them with existing data providers, using JSON or XML as needed.
• Lead and develop best practices for larger Cloud Engineer team.
• Building and designing web services in the cloud, along with implementing the set-up of geographically redundant services.
• Orchestrating and automating cloud-based platforms throughout the company.
• Stay current with industry trends, making recommendations as needed to help the company excel.
Cloud Engineer Skills/Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering; Master’s degree a plus.
• AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate preferred
• AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional preferred
• Experience with technologies to include: AWS, Linux, and Puppet,
• 3 to 5 years of demonstrated experience in designing and developing complex distributed IT solutions (e.g. cloud, distributed systems or high-performance computing experience).
• Certification as an AWS Solutions Architect, Cloud Security Certification, and/or OpenStack Administrator Certification a plus. (Other cloud-related certification also a plus.)
• Five years’/Eight years etc experience in developing software using languages such as AWS, Java, Python, C++ or Ruby.
• Experience designing and building web application environments on AWS, including services such as EC2, S3, ELB, RDS, etc.
• Experience with DevOps tools such as Jenkins, Maven, GitHub, Ansible, Artifactory, Sonar Qube in a cloud environment
• Ability to create and utilize AWS Cloud Formation templates to automate creation of AWS images.
• Experience with SOA applications and cloud-based services, preferably AWS.
• Experience working with OpenStack, Microservices, Rackspace, Docker and Microsoft Azure or AWS.
• Knowledge of web services, API, REST and RPC.
• Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and distributed networks.
• Database experience, including knowledge of SQL and NoSQL, and related data stores such as Postgres, Dynamo DB and other cloud data stores.
• Extensive experience with Java, Full stack technology, software development and system engineering.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to stay focused on completing tasks and meeting goals within a busy workspace.
• Interest in Cloud Engineering and its impact on greater business practices.
• Managing full AWS Lifecycle, Provisioning, Automation and Security know will be added advantage