Azure Data Engineer
Job Title: Azure data Engineer
Experience level: 4 to 10 years
• Designing and implementing highly performant data ingestion pipelines from multiple sources using Apache Spark and/or Azure Databricks
• Developing scalable and re-usable frameworks for ingesting of geospatial data sets.
• Working hand-in-hand with the data architects deploying scalable API services in a perfect fit with the data architecture platform.
• Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
• Experience with Azure: ADLS, Databricks, Stream Analytics, SQL DW, COSMOS DB, Analysis Services, Azure Functions, Serverless Architecture, ARM Templates
• Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra.
• Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, SQL, Scala, Spark-SQL etc.
• Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
• Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
• Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
• Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
• A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
• Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
• Strong project management and organizational skills.
• Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
• Nice to have experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Kafka, etc.
• Nice to have experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
• Nice to have experience with stream-processing systems: Storm