Project Cloud Solution Lead
AZURE- Solutions Lead
We’re in search of an AZURE-Cloud Solutions Lead Engineer who can seamlessly mesh technical know-how with business acumen to help us navigate all our cloud computing needs, including infrastructure design, maintenance, support and planning, and everything in between. Not only are you experienced in cloud-based tech, but you have a firm grasp of IaaS technologies, platforms and applications, and have intimate knowledge of how best to customize these attributes to our business to help us become more secure and efficient.
Cloud Engineer Roles and Responsibilities:
• Working as part of our engineering team to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions for the company.
• Participate in planning, implementing infrastructure changes on Azure.
• Manage full application stacks from the OS through custom applications using Azure based computing environments.
• Manage a continuous integration/continuous deployment methodology for the server-based technologies.
• Planning, designing and developing cloud-based applications as well as driving cloud migration projects.
• Managing cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines.
• Educating teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required.
• Employing exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they snowball into problems.
• Using your extensive knowledge of APIs to design RESTful services, and integrate them with existing data providers, using JSON or XML as needed.
• Lead and develop best practices for larger Cloud Engineer team.
• Building and designing web services in the cloud, along with implementing the set-up of geographically redundant services.
• Stay current with industry trends, making recommendations as needed to help the company excel.
Cloud Engineer Skills/Requirements:
• 3 to 5 years of demonstrated experience in designing and developing complex distributed IT solutions (e.g. cloud, distributed systems or high-performance computing experience).
• Extensive experience in developing software using languages such as Azure, Java, Python, C++ or Ruby.
• Manage full Azure Lifecycle, Provisioning, Automation and Security
• Experience designing and building web application environments on Azure, including services such as EC2, S3, ELB, RDS, Lambda, etc.
• Experience with DevOps tools such as Jenkins, Maven, GitHub, Ansible, Artifactory, Sonar Qube in a cloud environment
• Ability to create and utilize Azure Cloud Formation templates to automate creation of Azure images.
• Experience with SOA applications and cloud-based services, preferably Azure.
• Experience working with OpenStack, Microservices, Rackspace, Docker and Microsoft Azure or Azure.
• Knowledge of web services, API, REST and RPC.
• Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and distributed networks.
• Database experience, including knowledge of SQL and NoSQL, and related data stores such as Postgres.
• Extensive experience with open-source technology, software development and system engineering.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to stay focused on completing tasks and meeting goals within a busy workspace.
• Broad understanding of major Azure services
• Hands-on Azure experience in services such as EC2, S3, Lambda, RDS, Autoscaling, Elastic Load Balancing
• Experience in carrying out cloud native development in Azure
• Experience in transitioning projects from on-prem to Azure cloud
• Thorough understanding of micro-service architectural patterns
• Experience in working with Architects on the solutioning and architecture
• Extensive design experience in designing cloud native applications
• Ability to work through various solution options, shortlist options based on parameters, and propose a solution
• Ability to mentor and guide team on implementing solutions
• Strong stakeholder management skills
• Up-to-date with the advancements in Azure
• App Service, Logic Apps, Azure Functions
• Docker, Kubernetes
• Load Balancing Solutions like Traffic Manager, Front Door
• ARM Templates
• Azure Security Center
• Azure Log Analytics
• Azure SQL
• Azure Monitor
• ReST Services
• Java, SpringBoot, Angular
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering; Master’s degree a plus.
• Cloud Security Certification, and/or OpenStack Administrator Certification a plus
• Azure certifications such as Azure Certified Solution Architect Associate, Azure Certified Solution Architect Professional are preferred