Data Architect II, Troy, MI
As a Data Architect, you are a liaison between information technology and business units and are responsible for the design and implementation of data warehouse solutions for all the analytical needs of our internal and external customers. This includes supporting traditional reporting and more advanced analyses based on artificial intelligence and machine learning. You start by gathering requirements to develop a solution blueprint for the architecture and during the implementation phase.
This role will specifically focus on large scale data warehousing and data warehouse modernization. The role is to help our business users to eliminate technical and economic constraints from their legacy and modern data warehouses and help them to leverage their data to develop business insights. Our consultants will develop, deliver, and implement data warehouse projects that help our internal/external customers leverage their data to develop business insights. These professional services engagements will focus on customer solutions such as data warehousing, business intelligence and advanced analytics.
- Design, develop, and maintain the enterprise data warehouse architecture and related data marts in accordance with system requirements.
- Provide technical solutions for data architecture and design optimized for scalability, maintainability, and security.
- Resolves complex problems and monitors usage of the data warehouse.
- Participate in the full lifecycle of the data warehouse development from gathering and understanding end-user analytics and reporting needs, architecting the solution, detailing the technical design, implementing the solution, and validating the solution with Customers.
- Determine data loading and data refreshing strategies.
- Implement and enforce standards and procedures to ensure data is managed consistently and properly integrated within the warehouse.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or equivalent experience preferred.
- 10+ years as a Data Architect, BI Architect or a similar role
- Expert knowledge in SQL, security standards, BI tools like Power BI & Cognos Analytics, ETL tools and Microsoft/Azure specific.
- Proven results in implementing large scale data management/business intelligence solutions in a data warehouse platform like Teradata, Greenplum, AWS Redshift, Snowflake, Big Query or Azure SQL DW.
- Experience working with a self-service tool, preferably Power BI
- Preferable to have experience with Microsoft Azure Data Ecosystem, including but not limited to Azure SQL and cloud data solutions such as SQL DW, Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2.
- Ability to understand complex application data flows and bridge the gap between technical and business app requirements.
- Connecting to data sources, importing data, and transforming data for Business Intelligence.
- Excellent in analytical thinking with data profiling abilities for translating data into informative visuals and reports.
- Responsible for design methodology and project documentation.
- Able to properly understand the business requirements and develop data models accordingly by taking care of the resources.
- Should have knowledge and experience in prototyping, designing, and requirement analysis.
- Experience with large enterprise data warehouse architecture design including logical and physical model development. Strong Object/relational mapping experience for star and snow-flake schemas.
- Demonstrated communication skills with both technical and non-technical stake holders, Active listening, critical thinking, presentation skills, coaching, empathy, dependability, creativity.
- Experience in agile methodology and principles with experience in estimation and planning.
- Minimum 5 to 10 years in job roles involving metadata management, relational/dimensional modeling, and big data solution approaches with native Azure Data Platform tools.
- A deep understanding of data governance and privacy concerns.
- Experience in Master Data Management (MDM) concept, tools, and best practices.
- Practical experience using ETL tool (Informatica, Data Stage, SSIS, …).
- Demonstrated communication skills with both technical and non-technical stake holders: Active listening, critical thinking, presentation skills, coaching, empathy, dependability, creativity
Location: Troy. Michigan
“This job can be performed anywhere except in the state of Colorado. Colorado residents will not be considered for this job posting."
Travel Required: Up to 10%
What’s in it for you?
Kelly takes pride in supporting the whole person, their family and their future. We understand that in order to thrive, we have to build lasting relationships and provide our employees with endless possibilities for growth. At the end of the day, we know that work is more than making a living – it’s about making a life.
- Healthcare – Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) Match
- Paid Time Off
- Vacation Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PerkSpot – Personal Online Discount Program
Working at Kelly means being part of a global team making people-work connections that count, because we believe helping people become who they’re meant to be benefits us all. At every location and every level within our company, Kelly’s people are unique in their understanding and commitment to helping people create better futures and helping companies across the globe compete, prosper, and grow. The work we do matters. Helping people transform their lives matters. Shaping the future of work matters. If you have a passion for helping others, what’s next for you may very well be joining our internal global team and working to make a difference.
About Kelly Services®
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We’re always thinking about what’s next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce, including, but not limited to, race, gender, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation and gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Join our Talent Community and get updates about new openings.