Categorise in headlines the key responsibilities that demonstrates the variety of roles that the organisation expects the position to fulfil
• Support, drive and develop data science solutions that can give new business insights impacting quality performance across Novo Nordisk
• Develop data structure, identify sources and secure data quality in the quality organisation and quality processes in cooperation with the NNQBI team
• Provide expert level Data Science and Data Analytics consultancy for the organisation (CVP area, Digital Quality and others)
• Provide inputs and support execution of strategy for Digital Quality.
Main job tasks:
For each headline indicated above the job tasks should be described in more detail
In general perceived as a role model throughout the organisation and recognized as an expert within field of expertise.
Support, drive and develop Data science solutions that can give new business insights impacting quality performance across Novo Nordisk
• Develop Artificial Intelligence solutions such as natural language processing, Machine Learning applications to maximize utilization of data that drives continuous optimization of the Novo Nordisk quality performance.
• Analyse quality data and pilot/develop application to explore and Applies subject matter knowledge to solve common business issues. Later scaling to more areas or integrate in other systems.
• Help identify areas or processes where Artificial Intelligence solutions can create business value.
• Develop and maintain an IT platform to support data analysis and development and operationalization of data science solutions.
Develop and maintain data structure, identify data sources and secure data quality in the quality organisation and quality processes
• Understand and design data structure in collaboration with process experts and data owners
• Identify unexploited data sources and include them in structure if relevant
• Investigate data quality and clean data where necessary
• Decide on which tools to use and explore
• Cooperate effectively with other data scientists in department (and adjacent areas)
Provide Data Analytics consultancy for the organisation (CVP area, Digital Quality and others)
• Hereunder also drive the mindset of using data for decision making and teaching techniques to colleagues at all levels across the organisation
• Communicate effectively to colleagues with other backgrounds
Provide inputs and support execution of strategy for Digital Quality
• Provide analysis and input on where to go with data science and what technology to use
Scope of Authority:
Act as professional sparring partner for Manager/Director or CVP on data science matters.
Planning and prioritize tasks within own area of responsibility.
Other areas of responsibility:
Responsibilities as described in department responsibility split.
Communication and Stakeholder interaction:
Key stakeholdersType of communication
• Own department, CVP areas and SVP area
• Relevant internal stakeholders in CMC Development, PS and NNQ
• Product Supply
• Global IT
• Other NN digital organisations
•High degree of excellent stakeholder management skills is required
• Main communication is through meetings, teleconferences and mail correspondence.
• Translation of highly scientific complex content into clear and simple communication for management teams and project management groups
• Negotiation, collaboration and ability to provide convincing arguments within subject matter expert area across the functional area - also where there might be disagreements – and ensure progress.
•Occasionally negotiation with external parties
• Always represents NN the best possibly way with high professionalism and integrity when interacting with external stakeholders
Innovation and change:
Mostly works independently, however may need occasional guidance from senior specialist on complex issues/challenges.
Shares ideas and perspectives that add value, strive for simple solutions to complex challenges, challenge existing knowledge. Optimise existing technology and show “problem solving” attitude.
Implementing changes can be across several CVP/SVP areas. It is required to have a flexible attitude and be able to cooperate with and motivate people with different background, nationality and personality in an enthusiastic way.
Establish international visibility and interaction with the business globally.
As an area specialist often included in cross-functional projects and/or often requirement to work internationally.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
Minimum knowledge required to fulfil job responsibilities (not actual CV from candidate/employee)
Within relevant field of expertise:
Masters with min 3 years relevant experience
Bachelor with min 5years relevant experience
Strong knowledge within field of expertise and broader business understanding across SVP area or in general pharma value chain
Experience in supporting scientific projects/tasks and realizing their business value
Personal skills:Provides professional direction:
• Scientific sparring partner to management
• Express ideas and knowledge effectively
Thinks above and beyond own area:
• Challenge and improve our processes based on value chain understanding
Leads the way:
• Influence others to help achieving organisational objectives
• Take co-responsibility for employee development and knowledge sharing
• Provide valuable feedback