EXTERIOR COMMODITIES SUPERVISOR (D/F/M)
Want to Go Further with Ford?
As the German subsidiary of the Ford Motor Company, Ford-Werke GmbH has been successful in the automotive business for over 90 years. As a modern mobility company, it is our goal to always “bring on tomorrow”. Around 20,000 employees are already committed to this in Cologne, Aachen and Saarlouis.
We are looking for an exceptional Exterior Commodities manager, experienced at delivering crafted designs and a creative vision. In this role you will lead the commodity team in the creation & development to final design solutions, with focus on Lamps / Wheels and Modular Catalogue items.
In this process, good understanding of technologies and collaboration with the design team are key to deliver the best in class Exterior components. This role includes overall portfolio consistency in Exterior Design, DNA deployment and application across multiple nameplates in a Global context.
Note: This position is based in Cologne Merkenich , Germany
- Develop presentations for management reviews, and Co-Create Design Vision models to best showcase all Exterior Components
- Work close together with the Chief Designer to ensure resource is used effectively, timing plans are aligned, and all deliverables are on target.
- Technology application strategies for specialized Exterior components to support product competitiveness, Futuring, as well as Model Series differentiation.
- You have best in class design capabilities, are self motivated, result oriented, and quality focused
- To thrive in our fast-paced, dynamic environment you have strong collaboration and communication skills.
- You have a foundation in human-centered design thinking, techniques and philosophy.
- English is a must – German is a plus.
- You have a university degree or comparable qualification and several years of professional experience from other OEMS or parallel industries
- Your strengths include a Strategic and Collaborative Mindset with both Internal & External partners
- You possess people management skills, as well as an inspiring attitude to motivate a creative team, and have excellent organization skills
- You always strive for a holistic approach, have a good understanding of the total vehicle & find joy as a specialist in detail executions
We offer you
You will be a key player to develop and execute our Global vision
Are you looking to Go Further with Ford?
We look forward to your application incl. application letter, CV and portfolio.For further information please contact Sonja Vandenberk (FOEDESGN@ford.com).