FSS Accounts Receivable Manager – Troy, MI
The Outsourcing Consulting Group (OCG) & Scientific, Engineering & Technical (SET) vertical within Financial Shared Services (FSS) supports Kelly’s OCG and SET customers in North America (US, Canada and Puerto Rico). This position provides Accounts Receivable support for the North American OCG & SET customer base.
This role requires managing staff to ensure that work specific to the department within the FSS organization is performed timely and accurately. Manage all employees to work effectively with people of all levels internally and externally. Requires the ability to understand end-to-end processes and ownership is established. Requires the ability to research business and customer issues to obtain the most positive financial impact to the company.
Responsible for ensuring any changes to existing processes achieve efficiencies, meet SOX compliance and proper communication occurs with Leadership. This includes activity for all tool-based accounts for all areas of business within Kelly.
Provide proper training and development for employees to ensure proactive approaches, motivation and succession planning within their designated responsibility. This position is responsible for leading and driving process improvement within the department.
General Duties include: Account disputes; Contacting customers with outstanding balances; Copies of invoices, statements, and reporting; Identifying high-risk accounts; Identifying potential bad debt- differentiating between bad debt and sales adjustments; Reporting status of accounts; reconciling accounts; ensure adjustments are processed; Determining service should be discontinued: Ensuring reconciliation of discrepancies with VMS tools to Kelly Revenue is completed in a timely manner; Reporting quarterly accounting considerations; Escalating all risks timely.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and review of account reconciliations and high-risk receivables with a goal of reduction of past due dollars and avoiding recognition of bad debt expense. Contact with internal and external parties (including VMS) to resolve issues causing past due balance. Ad hoc reporting and special projects as required.
- Communicate corporate goals to staff. Motivate, lead, guide, develop and empower the staff to meet and exceed goals. Manage workload of staff and ensure appropriate staffing levels are maintained. Provide ongoing guidance on account management and appropriate actions. Responsible for establishing performance review goals, conducting performance reviews and providing career coaching and counseling.
- Escalate accounts to Senior Leadership as necessary.
- Monitor account reports to ensure Dept goals for DSO and past due are met.
- Identify and implement process improvements within work group
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, General Business or Finance.
4-7 years’ experience in Accounting, Audit, Billing, Operations, Finance, Business, Management, Payroll, Service, Reporting and/or Accounts Receivable, plus at least 2 years of leading and managing teams/staff.
Preferred knowledge within Audit, Financial Shared Services Knowledge, Finance.
- Ability to design, develop, implement and facilitate process reviews.
- Ability to consult, analyze, and communicate recommendations.
- Ability to develop work instructions/training manuals.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to train and coach individuals and groups.
- Results-oriented, exhibiting timely and practical solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to analyze information and make recommendations based on data.
- Effective time management skills.
- Staffing and/or contingent workforce outsourcing industry experience highly desirable but not required
- Preferred Middle Office Knowledge - Basic understanding of accounts receivable, payroll, billing, and SSPA systems (FSS roles) or knowledge and management of third party VMS technology.
- Contract Compliance - Understand and be able to enforce FSS's standard operating procedures.
- Information Technology Expertise - Understands IT concepts, procedures and processes. Effectively integrates with other funcional areas of the company and builds expertise based on the needs of the business and the position. Comfortable with technology. Advanced Excel skills. Knowledge of VMS Technology.
About Kelly Services®
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We’re always thinking about what’s next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce, including, but not limited to, race, gender, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation and gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.