Finance Service Desk Incident Specialist (Sr. Associate)
The Incident specialist is responsible for ensuring that all incoming issues are dealt with efficiently by L1 and L2 agents, identifying potential problem and high profile (i.e. Sensitive & VIP users) issues and ensuring they are escalated quickly and appropriately.
The role ensures that the output from Incident Management process is of high quality and provides Service Desk and Finance Management with the right level of business intelligence.
The role works closely with Finance teams such as PTP, OTC, R2R and Intercompany to build and maintaining effective working relationships across GBS & Finance organizations.
Single point of contact to analyze, interpret and resolve Finance Service Desk escalations, complaints or ad-hoc requests related with Finance Service Desk function including scheduled and ad-hoc chase & age ticket management, Service Now reporting, etc.
Flexible to work in shifts for coverage of ANZ, APAC, UK and US markets.
Responsibilities: (Please specify % amount against each responsibility)
• Manage Service Desk ticket queue, distribute ticket assignment across multiple Service Desk functions ensuring response times and first time fix figures meet or exceed KPIs driving Customer satisfaction -
• Support Level 1 and Level 2 Agents while making a decision if an Incident has the potential to become a high priority, assessing business impact and urgency. Escalate Incidents at risk of breaching Service Level Agreement/Operational Level Agreement. - 35%
• Identifies and takes control of unallocated incidents e.g. ‘grey area’. Acts as escalation point for Service Desk Specialists where resolution ownership is disputed resolving 'orphan' tickets ownership & accountability -
• Provides high quality reports from ServiceNow, analyses and draws conclusions based on data. Owns Service Desk issue resolution and business notifications across Finance Service Desk Team -
• High operational awareness of operational issues within Finance and prepared to contribute to resolution actions as required. Participates in continuous service improvement and contribute to knowledge base validation. Is aware of the service performance and supports improvements implementation -
- Know-how of Finance processes – PTP, OTC, R2R and Intercompany, Service Management & GBS awareness.
- Ability to handle escalations in a timely and effective manner; experienced in managing multiple urgent tasks.
- Problem-resolving abilities - diagnose larger problems based on incoming queries. Understand the Finance systems and key issues and should be able to devise solutions to user problems.
- Strong communication skills - this role is required to collect data about issues, prepare comprehensive notes and reports, and walk users through the stages they can take to fix problems.
- Time administration – service desk analysts requires excellent time management aids and should be able to set priorities when covering multiple issues
- Team partnership – service desk analysts routinely work with other Finance and accounting personnel to resolve user issues, so they need to collaborate with team members and coworkers. Ability to schedule and facilitate training sessions for internal and external resources.
Fluent spoken and written English
Time/Task Management, Attention to detail
Conflict Management, Decision Making & Judgment
Communicating, Presentation, Influencing
Planning & Organizing, Managing & Controlling
Technology Awareness & Technology Leverage, Process Expertise
Requirements Assessment, Problem Diagnosis & Solution
Assess Customer experience and report to management candidly
Prioritizes and organizes own work to deliver to agreed deadlines
Developing techniques to improve service
Identifies problems and appreciates the issues required to resolve them
Identifies relevant areas for questioning
Developing techniques for presenting information
Persuades others in straightforward situations
Can act as an escalation point in absence of Team Leader
Can convey the team’s goals clearly and motivates other team members
Can set objectives fairly and share fair feedback
Can give feedback in a balanced manner
Promotes teamwork, coaches and guides others
Responds to Customers' requests in non-standard situations
Suggests changes to processes and methods.
Appreciate Customers' needs, assessing the full requirements; identifies solutions to non-standard requests.
Leads diagnosis and fixing of problems within the service, working with vendors as required
Appropriate escalation of technical or other issues
Solves some small problems in order to maintain relationship with Finance leaders and Partners.
Manages meetings develops critical path criteria, prioritizes requirements and proposed items prior to discussion.
Understands low level (“nuts & bolts”) technical details (e.g. operating system, job control, scheduling, file structures, code structures, and transaction structures).
Is able to apply this knowledge to highlight problems & identify solutions.